Buicks at Bates Car Show 2014 - June 1st, 2014

Its not Mexican food but there is a Karl Strauss Brewery right off of Winchester and the 15. It is good food and all kinds of beers. Easy access and a big patio for old farts with a bunch of Buicks.

Really good Mexican food would be Mi Cocina off the 79 fwy in Temecula. It is the first exit off the 15 after the scales going North on the 15.

Old town Temecula has a few Mexican restaurants in there too.

I can list more if needed. There are plenty of spots in town and they are all 20 minutes from Bates.

you dont mind if we trailer the car there do you...

is there a sign up sheet, do we need to bring anything,

looking forward to this

scott

also i have some t shirts that maybe i can give a way...they have a upside down american flag on the front with (WE THE PEOPLE) ABOVE IT

AND ON THE BACK IS A LARGE UPSIDE DOWN AMERICAN FLAG AND IT SAYS

TIME TO TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK

THEY LOOK GREAT AND ARE VERY HIGH QUALITY I WOULD BRING ABOUT 25 OR 30 TO GIVE AWAY IF YOU WOULD LET ME

Last edited:
Come be a part of the largest gathering of Buick Grand Nationals and Turbo T’s this side of the Mississippi! We've had atendees from multiple states every year 21 years running!

Admission is
FREE and open to the public and is funded 100% from raffle proceeds and is a non-profit event. Come out and support the cars! Although this is a Buick themed event, we are not the types to discriminate and welcome other classics as well (as long as the word Buick appears somewhere on the vehicle or person :))

There will be a
LARGE RAFFLE & Vendor Schwag - Come out and connect / re-connect with great people & great cars in a beautiful setting. This is a "Don’t miss" event that is guaranteed fun for everyone! - The So Cal GS CLUB will be there as well!

FREE T-SHIRT TO ALL TURBO REGAL DRIVERS!

BATES NUT FARM
15954 Woods Valley Rd.
Valley Center. Ca. 92082

For more information and directions, please visit:
http://www.buicksatbates.com
what time does it start at..

looking forward to this

scott

also i have some t shirts that maybe i can give a way...they have a upside down american flag on the front with (WE THE PEOPLE) ABOVE IT

AND ON THE BACK IS A LARGE UPSIDE DOWN AMERICAN FLAG AND IT SAYS

TIME TO TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK

THEY LOOK GREAT AND ARE VERY HIGH QUALITY I WOULD BRING ABOUT 25 OR 30 TO GIVE AWAY IF YOU WOULD LET ME

Ummmmm...no politics please! This event is about the cars and the people who love them.

I'm sure now that you put the word out, any interested parties will PM you for a shirt.

We have worked very hard to bring this event back to being fun and family friendly. Maybe another time or place would be appropriate.

Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

=Eric Brown

Last edited:
Ummmmm...no politics please! This event is about the cars and the people who love them.

I'm sure now that you put the word out, any interested parties will PM you for a shirt.

We have worked very hard to bring this event back to being fun and family friendly. Maybe another time or place would be appropriate.

Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

=Eric Brown
I totally understand, no worries at all. Thanks for getting back to me.

what time does it start at..

Most people will show up between 9:00- 10:00AM. Bates sells hot dogs, hamburgers and a few other grilled things for lunch. You may bring you own lunch or cooler with drinks. No BBQs. Raffle should go from about 1:00- 2:ish PM. Most people hang for an hour or two after that. For those that stick around, we may do a few photo shoots with some cars around the Bates property. (Possible magazine stuff).;) We may even have a group going out for a local dinner.

DON'T FORGET TO BRING CHAIRS.

Mike B.

looking forward to this

scott

Scott,

Lots of room for trailers. No sign up sheet. Just show up and enjoy. Bring a chair and a passion for Turbo Buicks and those who drive them. No trophies, no judging. Just good times.:)

Hope to see you there.

Mike B.

Can I bring my Chevy & will I be punished for that by being forced to park it under a tree again so the birds & sap can defile it again like last year! :cry:

Can I bring my Chevy & will I be punished for that by being forced to park it under a tree again so the birds & sap can defile it again like last year! :cry:

Let me guess...
You'd like a "Better" spot, closer to the petting zoo?:rolleyes:

I may try and make it but without a Buick

2500 miles away lol
Sent from my HTC6500LVW using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

One week bump...
The farm animals are getting nervous.:chicken::cow::panda:

We need an Alky Control test car at Bates. Once again, Razor from Alky Control has been nice enough to support our raffle. He is sending us some Alky leak testers. It would be cool to have a car set up to show how they work, in checking to see if the pump is leaking and ready to have the seals replaced. In the ten years I've had my booze shooter on my GN, I've send Razor the pump twice to have it rebuilt. It's a small price to pay for the horsepower and reliability it gives me.

Anyone want to help out? One could do a demo on the hour. If you think your pump is leaking, that would be even better.:D

Mike B.

We need an Alky Control test car at Bates. Once again, Razor from Alky Control has been nice enough to support our raffle. He is sending us some Alky leak testers. It would be cool to have a car set up to show how they work, in checking to see if the pump is leaking and ready to have the seals replaced. In the ten years I've had my booze shooter on my GN, I've send Razor the pump twice to have it rebuilt. It's a small price to pay for the horsepower and reliability it gives me.

Anyone want to help out? One could do a demo on the hour. If you think your pump is leaking, that would be even better.:D

Mike B.

Mike,

Not sure of how involved the operation will be, my pump did have a leak a year ago due to loose screws on the pump. (its fine now....?) I would be interested, and will bring some extra Alky for the test.
Let me know what extra tools are need.

Steve

Mike B.
Sending 3 testers and some license plate frames.
Tester is easy smeezy...
Step 1.. unhook hose from nozzle.. 9/16 wrench will do.
Step 2.. connect hose to gauge assembly on modded cap.
Step 3.. Unplug 3 bar map and plug in simulator.
Step 4.. turn Ignition to ON and put GAIN on 8
Step 5.. go and sweep simulator from 0-30 psi.. observe pressure and look for leaks.

Should take a few minutes to test the kit in a simple fashion. Wont need alcohol if tank already has as it re-circ's it.

Unless there is a leak o_O

Glad to be a part..

Mike,

Not sure of how involved the operation will be, my pump did have a leak a year ago due to loose screws on the pump. (its fine now....?) I would be interested, and will bring some extra Alky for the test.
Let me know what extra tools are need.

Steve
9/16 wrench is the only tool.

Thanks for offering.