buick87ttype

Seller Refunded $100.00

Ok, so he still owes $100. His pm said he did not state the current condition of the tires. He said he would refund $200.

Also once a transaction takes place and a dispute is posted on this forum, it becomes everyone's business. Bottom line, when selling parts be as honest as possible. If the buying party is not happy because the part was misrepresented, it's up to the seller to make it right. If not, you see what happens....

Only reason I'm posting on this is for future guys shipping. Wrap the 2 wheels together to make 2 packages instead of 4. That would have saved you some $ on shipping. Normally If you ship a bare wheel & tire there is a handling fee because they are not packaged.

damn wish i knew that a month ago:mad:... right claude:D

Wrap the 2 wheels together to make 2 packages instead of 4. That would have saved you some $ on shipping. Normally If you ship a bare wheel & tire there is a handling fee because they are not packaged.

What if you packaged all four wheels in one big box? Would that be even cheaper or turn into a freight charge?

What if you packaged all four wheels in one big box? Would that be even cheaper or turn into a freight charge?

No then it exceeds 75 lbs & dimensional weight. The cheapest way if you don't feel like packaging them & they are Hi dollar wheels is truck freight.
I shipped 4 original wheels ,tires & caps to GNX 001 it was about $250 to MI. I insured them for $5k. That is to the extreme. If they are expensive the customer will understand.

I just bought 4 84 Gn wheels with tires. Shipped via fed ex. When I get the bill I'll pull up what the cost was.

Now if you are just buying rims. I would suggest putting 1 in each box & taping both together.Use wheel boxes that have handles in the card board. Most companies that sell & install wheels will have proper size boxes that they will give you. Face to face. 2 packages. Insure them.

We had a situation with DHL back in the day where the boxes were split apart & 1 rim with out the sticker was lost. They would not pay for the core we had to re-supply to build the rim.
No explanation even though it was insured enough to cover the rim & the core.

Keep in mind if it is a PITA to ship they will treat it like it is & you will get the results. Then you get to deal with the PITA factor of filing a claim. You as the shipper are responsible.