buick vs. srt-4 video

I have no idea who's Buick that is but I can tell you one thing. A good friend of mine has a modded 04 SRT4 runs low 13's at the track and I raced him back when I had my 44 and the stock IC,cam ect and it was not even close. I pulled him by a good 2-3 car lengths. So I am not sure what this GN has done but a modded GN should be able to stand up well against a stock SRT4. Hell even bone stock one with the boost turned up a few lbs should be able to give a stock SRT all it can handle. Course traction, driver ect plays a big part.

As usual just my .01

Sorry but that was a dull video. looks like the T wasn't even trying. Maybe he was "fishing" and trying to get him to put down some cash. Never know, could be, I mean that's all there was to the video.

Videos like that are awesome.....it will give the ricers confidence. Hmmmm......is an SRT4 owner a ricer? :)

From listening to those guys on the video talk, I would say they are definitely ricers. Also the fact that they consider a car that has A-pillar gauges to be modded is a good sign that they are ricers!!!! I definitely agree with RKturbo6, something about this doesn't smell right.

What's so hard to believe? Stock SRT-4s have trapped over 100mph many times, and there have been plenty of turbo buicks that have trapped below 100mph from the factory. And it's not like a highway race is a TB's strong suit.

From a stop it probably would've had a different outcome, and maybe if the guy had rolled his windows up too.

And there have been many a GN's that have trapped over 100mph from the factory. Also this is supposed to be a modded GN. Just about any mod to a GN would put it past a FACTORY SRT4. A GN with a boost gauge, A threaded wastegate actuator and/or a chip and a FP regulator are going to trap over 100. And this guys was talking about OWNING the GN. Nuff said

My intent wasn't to start a war. I was just curious if it was anybody here. I have quite a few buddies with the srt-4's. I do know of two of the cars mods for sure. One has a spring on the wastegate which will boost to 17psi. then drops to 14 by redline, stage II computer, inj. and filter. He runs 8.3@87 in the 1/8. The other car has stage II computer, 3" exhaust, spring mod and filter. He runs 12.8@110 inthe 1/4 so I wouldn't say they are easy kill. Just curious whos T that was.

I am not sure anybody said they would be an easy kill. In fact the video is the one that talks about "Owning a GN" so I think that is what started it all. Most guys on this board have been on here awhile and respect all cars ( I have owned everything from a mid 11 sec DSM and a mid 13 sec Spirit RT to a 10 sec T/A and a 11 sec S-10 Blazer all street cars A/C, street tires ect). But when a person comes to a GN board posting a video of some guys talking of owning a GN I think that might set a few off. Myself included, That is why I posted about racing my buddies SRT-4.

aww come on, one buick loss doesnt hurt anyone!!!!!! so what they cant win all the time. hmmm i wonder whats a neon owner a ricer or a muscle???????????? good q's?????:confused:

Originally posted by RKturbo6
I am not sure anybody said they would be an easy kill. In fact the video is the one posting a video of some guys talking of owning a GN I think that might set a few off. Myself included, That is why I posted about racing my buddies SRT-4.

I just asked who's buick this was. No need to get upset. Take a deep breath.

Never did see the neon in the video, but there is a yellow 04 srt-4 in newark ohio with the same plate srt48u. He tried on my brother's 12.0 syclone and has a video of that race also. The result was nothing like the one we just watched. From a stop, the syclone put maybe 8 or 9 truck lengths on the neon to about 100mph.

Hey guys,

I found this video today. The owner was suppose to give me the video but I found it on the SRT boards. Watch the results.

Not sure what the GN owner was doing but I wanted to make sure he got the idea. I just didn't win, I demmoralized him. Rumor has it, he quit racing and sold his car and bought a Buick. Not sure though.

Listen to my catch phrase at the end of the video. Let me know what you guys think.

Good guys 1 Bad boys 1

Guess were even. :D

Originally posted by Vader Sy
Hey guys,

I found this video today. The owner was suppose to give me the video but I found it on the SRT boards. Watch the results.

Not sure what the GN owner was doing but I wanted to make sure he got the idea. I just didn't win, I demmoralized him. Rumor has it, he quit racing and sold his car and bought a Buick. Not sure though.

Listen to my catch phrase at the end of the video. Let me know what you guys think.

Good guys 1 Bad boys 1

Guess were even. :D

Give me your truck. Now. Please?

And how does a turbocharged Honda minivan run? Just curious ;) since you own one!

The Neon guy should probably just sell his car and put his money into videos. Just sit on the side and watch all the pretty cars go by seems to be what he does when he's "racing":rolleyes:
Nice video of the Sy though

It seem that a couple people need to head over to svtperformance.com as they would fit in well. Tunnel vision is setting in. One of our own gets beat and we have to go searching for a revenge video. A all-wheel drive, auto w/ twice the displacement gets a huge jump off the line on a front wheel drive, stick car. Wow, thats a surprise. :eek:

No the suprise is you keep coming on here defending your original post. Seems ONE person should head over to the SRT forum. You were saying to take a deep breath and not get upset but you keep fueling the fire. Maybe you should look at your own post and RELAX. I think when you post on a for the last time TURBOBUICK board about some BS SRT/TB race about an SRT OWNING a TB and then someone post another video of an SRT and a SY is fair and equal on a TURBOBUICK board. It looks like it is the same guy so even more applicable.

Its funny and a shame since I am looking at the the GLHS sitting in my carport but instead of talking about Turbo 2 motors or something we are arguing about an SRT4 racing a GN or a SY.