Buick versus Ford Event at Noble - Oct 12th 2013

That is a pretty nice payout for only a $30 entry fee. Of course I understand the Sponsors paid most of that if not all.

Does the track keep the full gate? 79 Fords and 67 Buicks @ $30 each is $4380.00. Track rentals around here are 5K and up. I always did wonder how the Ok club was able to hold this event and let out of state Buicks in for free?

You would have to advertise the $$$ on the 2014 flyer I would think to help get the word out and the earlier the better.

Yes, a few wanted entry back (not many), and I did refund a few racers that broke and didn't even get off the trailer. Yes, the sponsors are who made the payout possible. They actually covered half of the T-shirt costs. The payout would have been even larger if we would have sold more than half the shirts. And sales weren't down that much because of the choice of cars on the shirt, they were down because I didn't order nearly enough 2X, 3X, etc. We have plenty of pics to choose from for next years shirt. You guys need to check out www.stephaniejohnsonphotography.com, and buy a pic. She did tons of work for the event and didn't want a penny in return. Let's support her efforts and buy a pic from her site! Mine is already on the way!

Ok, I am here to fess up--- I suggested the inclusion of all LS GM cars for the Buick Team. I also brought in the Olds, Pontiac, Cadillac and GMC trucks. I am a Buick guy and I love this event and am very happy Blake stepped forward to make it happen this year and pledges to bring it back next year. It is dependent on numbers of participants to make it profitable enough to have payouts. My opinion is that payouts should not be the reason to participate in the event. I know of no Buick Team top runner who came for anything but the fun of running against a great competitor in the Ford Team. However, we do have a group of Buick racers who might be interested in that aspect who race among themselves in the TSO, TSM classes, and have never come to our event in numbers. I visited with a couple of our top runners at Bowling Green this last week, John Schmidt and Bobby Don, who are still very interested in this event and are now mostly recovered from health issues. Both want to participate again in the same time frame as this year. We asked all year for participants to commit. I would also like it to be all about Buick for our Team and will start with committing three cars to the count. This does not include my Son or Grandson in law who will also compete. It takes commitment and follow through to make this event happen. LS or not, let's do it again-- Dick Walker, OKBuicks

I'm with Dick, myself and my son will bring 10-11 sec GN's. Put us down Phil.

Ok, I am here to fess up--- I suggested the inclusion of all LS GM cars for the Buick Team. I also brought in the Olds, Pontiac, Cadillac and GMC trucks. I am a Buick guy and I love this event and am very happy Blake stepped forward to make it happen this year and pledges to bring it back next year. It is dependent on numbers of participants to make it profitable enough to have payouts. My opinion is that payouts should not be the reason to participate in the event. I know of no Buick Team top runner who came for anything but the fun of running against a great competitor in the Ford Team. However, we do have a group of Buick racers who might be interested in that aspect who race among themselves in the TSO, TSM classes, and have never come to our event in numbers. I visited with a couple of our top runners at Bowling Green this last week, John Schmidt and Bobby Don, who are still very interested in this event and are now mostly recovered from health issues. Both want to participate again in the same time frame as this year. We asked all year for participants to commit. I would also like it to be all about Buick for our Team and will start with committing three cars to the count. This does not include my Son or Grandson in law who will also compete. It takes commitment and follow through to make this event happen. LS or not, let's do it again-- Dick Walker, OKBuicks

I'll set up the Commitment List for 2014 on Turbo Buicks and ask Charlie to make it a sticky.

Im down for next year sign me up!:D My buddy is gonna make it as well (87GN), he just doesnt know it yet...;)

Hell..I know another guy with a TR from here that just got back from BG,,,I'll hit him up too.

I am trying to make contact with the track to get all of the tech cards, for names, etc. Yes, newbie mistake. I can get the results to quiksix in an excel format, but they will be missing the names.

Blake: Have you set a firm date for 2014 event? Have one guy that needs to schedule his vacation and wants to come to Noble.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Phil Engle

Has any progress been made on this?

I should have gone up to the tower after the race and hand written all names and car numbers down, but the tower closed immediately after the race. I am going to make another attempt to get the tech cards this Sunday. I have all the results with car numbers, just no names. Next year, I will be sure to gather all of this info during the race day. I apologize for the delay. BTW, not 100%, but about 75% sure I have Oct. 11th secured for 2014. As long as a big national event doesn't step on our toes, it should be the 11th. I will post on the other thread when I have firm date.

Been a while. Any progress?
Haha! I lost my Excel file on my work computer during a computer upgrade. I am half way done recompiling the whole thing again. Tons of the names are not legible on the tech cards. I will get the Excel file to one of you guys to post up as soon as I am done. Once again, sorry for the delay. I have learned a lesson for the 2014 race to make this process much easier. Update: I am finished inputting all the data. Now time to start putting in all the legible names. Give me another day or 2.

Last edited:
Ok, the results are ready in an Excel file. Anyone want to help me get it posted? Rwalker, Quik Six? Shoot me some email address so I can send you this file. Guess we need to have the girls at the shack remind people to write very legible. Sorry for any misspelled names. Can't read half of them.. lol.

Ok, the results are ready in an Excel file. Anyone want to help me get it posted? Rwalker, Quik Six? Shoot me some email address so I can send you this file. Guess we need to have the girls at the shack remind people to write very legible. Sorry for any misspelled names. Can't read half of them.. lol.
I have the capability to convert it into a PDF file. I can also upload it to our Buick club's server and host it for everyone to access online if desired. I can create a link here that will open it in their browser for anyone who has the free adobe reader software installed. That way if they want a hard copy, it can be printed locally by the user also. You can send it to me a CBrimer@LSPBC.org if you like this idea.

Carl, email sent. Thanks.
I am not sure what is happening, but the attachment has not arrived with the last two attempts. I double checked to make sure that it is not being cleaned by my security software and it does not seem to be detaching it from my side.