Buick Skyhawk Turbo

That is looking good and very similar to ours, except ours is an 84 hot air motor with distributorless ign and sfi. Is the motor still out of the car? I am trying to find the width of the 109 style motors from exhaust manifold mounting surface to exhaust manifold surface. The series 2 motor is supposed to be much narrower and we with h bodies could use the space. Anyone know anyone with a 109 on a stand that they could measure?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I think Carl installed a smaller front tire on it with little success... I'd put a skinny up front if it'd help but we need to get a rack in there that can really turn full lock L & R first. The SeriesII We did in the one camaro (1998) was running 16.7's stock and with a TA49 Turbo... Ebay intercooler and larger injectors on it's first tune made 307rwhp and 311ftlbs of torque on a chassis dyno and went 12.7@108mph with no boost launch and regular radials. (Not even a valve cover taken off) Drove it like that for 3yrs. I think it was 14psi. Did a Firebird with a much larger turbo but It's never been to the track. The SeriesII has a better oiling system,Roller camshaft and anything 1998 up is supported by HPTuners so you can get right in and dial it in with. I use a GTP Cast iron manifold on the drivers side and make my own header for the passenger side and a merge pipe to the turbo. Pretty simple but effective. :) Carl said these cars are heavy? never put it on the scale though?

That is some helpful info. For sure that is. We have decent side radials in front as i wanted the car to be able to sto as good as it goes. Ours is a notchback, it weighs right around 2600. They are not all that heavy. The cars you were talking about above, what gear and trans did they have?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app