Buick Race Day 2003

McCoy

Michael call me 662-844-4889

Scott, are you going to Norwalk?

I had to change a leaking head gasket last night couldn't find where the water was leaking from but I found it when I pulled the head..Must have bumped when I installed the gasket cause everything was good except the water leaked to the outside..
I am still gonna make it to Norwalk.. lol

Yes, I will be there - Thursday, Friday and Sunday. Unfortunately, I will add the caveat - Rain or Shine. :(

There is a 30% chance of rain Thursday and a 50/50 chance Friday. Sunday however, is going to be gorgeous...high of 60.

I had my share of scares too. Like finding a freeze plug had popped over the winter. Couple of tapped holes in my used aluminum heads are in need of Heli-coils now.:rolleyes:

Today it was saying only cloudy on Friday. Thus could be a nice day for racing... Saturday should be nice but a bit on the cool side high of only 55. Just checked the weather outlook...

Looks like I'll be there holding a bottle of pop and not a steering wheel.

Will be down on Sunday pestering and bothering everybody who has absolutley no time to deal with a guy asking them questions about their car. :D

Just got back from the car show event. I had a blast can't wait till next year. :D

Nice turn out for the chilly weather conditions. Very friendly people and a well put on show. Hope everyone else had as much fun as me. (By the way I was the one with the '87 GN in the Modified Turbo class with the GNX wheels next to the green '86 GN with the GNX wheels.)

Brandon

I have pictures of everyone's car at the show, so I'm sure I'll be able to remember yours. We were the only hot air in the show... The one entered in race class. Maybe we met? As usual Roberta and Bill did an amazing job, Thanks for all your hard work.... ;)

I had a blast. By far the best event I have attended to date. Met a lot of nice folks.

I filmed for most of the day and today I look like a lobster.

I cought 146 passes on film. If you are curoius as to whether I have your car on film.....I will need to know your car model and number. They were identifying them by number most of the day.

If I have your car on film I can get you a copy of the run somehow.....web...cd etc.

Originally posted by turbo6x2
I have pictures of everyone's car at the show, so I'm sure I'll be able to remember yours. We were the only hot air in the show... The one entered in race class. Maybe we met? As usual Roberta and Bill did an amazing job, Thanks for all your hard work.... ;)

I "think" I saw you at the concession stand. I was sitting alone on the little brick wall by the boys room all depressed. I really had a good time though, but it hurt not being there driving. Spent most of the day with the Bamfords and Brian from Ramchargers.

It seems that everybody has gotten thier first sunburn of the year from that event.

Next time come up and say hi. I met a lot of folks from Michigan and hope to try and remember everyone's names, if not I'm really good with faces and where you're from. I was just glad to run the 12.02 in the hot air and once we work out a couple of bugs 11's at bowling green should be nothin but a thang. :D

Just in case we were the white enclosed trailer with the chilli pepper red durango pulling it.. Yes it's a tonka truck but it does the job. LOL :D

Originally posted by Renthorin
I had a blast. By far the best event I have attended to date. Met a lot of nice folks.

I filmed for most of the day and today I look like a lobster.

I cought 146 passes on film. If you are curoius as to whether I have your car on film.....I will need to know your car model and number. They were identifying them by number most of the day.

If I have your car on film I can get you a copy of the run somehow.....web...cd etc.
Hey check for 3452 and let me know I would love to see one of my passes on film..... :D :D

turbo6x2,

I saw your hot air there, a very nice car might I add. I was surprised though, that you were the only one.

Does anybody know if they did anything else awards wise for the car show? I know they went around and ask people to go up to the booth with your card and say your number. Was that the awards? Just want to know cause I left at 3:00 to go help my buddy put on his new exhaust. Thanks.

brandon

turbo6x2,
Nice car and nice paint job! Want project number 3 on my car?
See you in BG, KY.
Artie

Looks like we will be doing the rosewood metallic t this winter- Maybe if that goes quickly. Of course you would have to bring it to Caledonia, Michigan. Thanks for all the positive input. Didn't turn out too bad being shot in the pole barn and all... :p

Originally posted by brandon87gta
turbo6x2,

I saw your hot air there, a very nice car might I add. I was surprised though, that you were the only one.

Does anybody know if they did anything else awards wise for the car show? I know they went around and ask people to go up to the booth with your card and say your number. Was that the awards? Just want to know cause I left at 3:00 to go help my buddy put on his new exhaust. Thanks.

brandon

We gave out 1st and 2nd place plaques and Best of Show, around 3:20 PM and more door prizes.

Show and Race winners are listed here

unfortunately many of the car numbers were too small to be made out clearly. Here are some races I could ID:

White T = 3305
GN = 3330
Two tone 3478
Yellow T Randy's performance
3440/3335
Gun Metal Regal with wheelybars and side exhaust
Underdog 7.92
BlueT
Opel&Underdog
441 & 3471

and that crash were Sonny hit the wall :-(