Buick Race Day 2003

Buickracer

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BUICK RACE DAY 2003

NORWALK, OHIO

Friday, May 2, Saturday, May 3, Sunday, May 4, 2003

May 2, 2003, the Second Annual Friday Buick Race Day will be held at Norwalk Raceway Park, Norwalk, OH, from 9AM – 4PM, Turbo Street Modified(TSM) Race, Gran Sport Street Eliminator(GSE) and two Gamblers races are planned, one for everyone, and one for the Ladies, called the Ladies Charity Race. A Picnic Dinner at the track immediately following the races.

On May 3, 2003, the Ninth Annual All Buick Car Show will be held ARBYs, 347 Milan Ave., Norwalk, Ohio, peer judging will begin at l1 AM. Awards at 3PM. Pre-entry for the show is not required, entry fee is $5 per car. Spectators are admitted free. Trophies for stock, modified and race car classes will be awarded. Saturday evening a buffet dinner will be held at the Holidome in Sandusky.

On May 4, 2003, the Thirteenth Annual Buick Race Day will be held at Norwalk Raceway Park in Norwalk, Ohio. This will be an event for BUICK powered cars only. The track will open at 8:30 AM on Sunday. The time trials will begin at 9 AM and racing will start at 12 Noon. The entrance fee will be $25/car and driver for pre-registered entry (your entry must be received by April 15 and the race pay-out will be determined based on pre-entries) and $35/car and driver at the gate the day of the race. Race Spectators will pay $8 each. A Quick 16 race(with the possibility of expansion to a Quick 32) will also be held and you are encouraged to pre-registered to enter. All racers should be prepared to follow IHRA rules. Use of electronics will be discouraged other than in the Quick 16 race. Hotel: Best Western- Norwalk 419-663-3501
BUICK RACEDAY GROUP PAGE

BPG 2003 Norwalk Test & Tune Day

The Buick Performance Group is pleased to announce that on May 1st 2003' (Thursday) we will be holding a Test & Tune session at Norwalk Raceway Park, Norwalk Ohio.
Track time will be from 12-6 pm, thus allowing folks to travel early in the morning, were looking for a great turn out ,you do not have to be a BPG member to participate, please put this on your Calenders Now!! as this event is the day before the "famed" 13th annual BUICK RACEDAY also held at Norwalk park, the raceday event will hold at T&T session on Fri.and the car show will be Sat.with the Racing on Sunday, May 2,3,4, 2003

Just think! Two great days of Test & Tune, plenty of time to Dial in those winter Projects for the Sunday Race.

Stay Tuned for more info on the BPG Norwalk event, but mark your calenders ASAP, Hope you all can make it,

John Schmidt

Buick Ladies Gambler's Charity Race

On Friday, May 2, we will be holding a Buick Ladies Gambler's Charity Race with proceeds going to Breast Cancer. The race will be held mid-morning, so that anyone that wishes to compete in the other Gambler's race later that day. It will be $10 to race and 50% of the proceeds to be donated and the other 50% will go to the race winner. Sponsor donations at this time include Loganberger Baskets, Earick Racing Engines, Fran Whitson, with contacts made with Mary Kay, Neutrogena, and others to be determined. Please contact me if you wish to donate or participate! EMAIL

And the "Real Women Race Buicks" shirts are being designed and will be available soon!

Check out our web page at BUICK LADIES Buick Ladies

LOL is Laugh out loud, and we usually get about 20-30 takers for the ladies race. It's a lot of fun and a good chance to see how you would do at the real thing.

Hey!

Hey, turbo guys and gals, where's your pre-entries for Buick RaceDay at Norwalk, lets get moving on sending them, as of right now the NA Buicks totally out number the Turbos!!!!!!!!
Deadline is April 15 to save $10 versus entry on RaceDay! Get with it, we want to see you there, Roberta

How about test and tune on SAT for us guys that can't get down Thursday? I would like to go to the show, but I do not think it is going to work out that way.

The Show at Arby's is from 11AM to 3PM, on Saturday. Saturday evening the program at Norwalk is Jet Warz, but their regular race is also part of the program, so you could get into their regular program and play. On Sunday, Buick RaceDay we have a few hours of Test and Tune before the program starts, and a lane for test and tune will be available all day, for those that lose in the races or don't wanna race but just test! RV

Buick Raceday Sunday Schedule

Here's the plan for Sunday
Time Trials Begin at 9AM

Bracket 1 - 11.99 and faster (No delay boxes allowed)
Bracket 2 - 12.00 and slower
(Subject to change on race day)

Quick 16 Qualifying at 9:45, 10:30, 11:15
Must signup after 1st Qualifying run, Entry $10

Ladies Race Time Trial at 10:30 AM
Must signup before at Time Trial

Races Start: 1st Round Ladies Race 11:00 AM
(All race times are tentative)
1st Round Quick 16: 12 Noon
(If eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round, you can enter the B1
race, but please disable the delay box)
2nd Round Quick 16: 12:45 PM

3rd Round Quick 16: 1:30 PM

Final Round Quick 16: 2:30 PM

Bracket 2 immediately after 1st Round Quick 16

$5 entry for Second Chance race, 80% payback

One lane open time trials all day

Event shirts for sale, all day in front of stands.

Whoever is making the rules at Norwalk is really got thier $hit together. It seems that every year this event just gets better.

race day

One of my bestest friends is towing his car all the way from BAMA to see what all the rave is I have been telling him about @ Norwalk. You All treat him NICE!!!

Re: race day

Originally posted by Lee Thompson
One of my bestest friends is towing his car all the way from BAMA to see what all the rave is I have been telling him about @ Norwalk. You All treat him NICE!!!

COOL! ABSOLUTELY, are you coming also?

Originally posted by Ted A.
Whoever is making the rules at Norwalk is really got thier $hit together. It seems that every year this event just gets better.

Thanks, Bill and I both have said when it's not fun for us anymore we quit, but we are still having fun. See you there!

What no hot air? You'll actually get to see mine on the track this year at both Norwalk and Bowling green. Finally. Still have a few odds and ends to put together but I'm all for pulling a couple all nighters to make sure were there... :D

I will need directions to the track. If someone has that information email me.. Who is coming up from Alabama? I may want to get in line on the way up.. I will be leaving thursday May 1st.

I am looking to buy a GN and thought I would come to norwalk to look for one.My question is what is the best day to show up to look for a car?My work permits me to show up only one or maybe two of the days.So which ones and what events should I pick?Is there going to be a swap meet or car corral? Or would the show be the best place?? Thank's Kevin