Buick Performance Weekend at Englishtown, NJ

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
While looking at the Raceway Park, NJ. 2009 drag racing schedule, I did not see any mention of the annual "Buick Performance Weekend" usually held every year on Labor Day weekend. The only thing I saw is that they have a "Buick Quick 16" class on Sept 6th...
Does someone knows something about the annual "BPW" event? :confused:
thanks,

Claude. :smile:

Old Bridge Township Raceway Park

While looking at the Raceway Park, NJ. 2009 drag racing schedule, I did not see any mention of the annual "Buick Performance Weekend" usually held every year on Labor Day weekend. The only thing I saw is that they have a "Buick Quick 16" class on Sept 6th...
Does someone knows something about the annual "BPW" event? :confused:
thanks,

Hi Claude,

I was looking for information on that event and found information here:

www dot buickperformancegroup dot com/forums

In other words, it is on and will be combined with the Hemmings event on the same days. Sorry for the funny format, I can't post URL's yet but I'm getting close....

Regards,

Fritz

I thought I heard Hemmings took over this entire event? The car show was always on Saturday and now it's Sunday? Not sure but when Hemmings comes in they take it all over and do everything their way so who knows how it's going to be.

kirban 2 cents worth

Along with Hemmings and Buick it also is one of the major national race events for F.A.S.T classes and should get good magazine coverage. Last year the Hemmings fall event with F.A.S.T race event was held at the NY track Lebanon Valley moved to Englishtown better location and facilities.

This F.A.S.T. race class is similar to what Richard is trying to establish for turbo regals at the GS Nats. F.A.S.T. I believe has some totally stock appearing cars on old style rubber breaking into the high tens or low 11s already. One being an orange big block Corvette and I think the other is a Hemi powered Road Runner.
They go to great lengths making car 100% stock in outward appearance.

ZDDPlus along with National parts Depot are the two major sponsors for their races this year and you will see ZDDPlus decals on the cars.

With Hemmings added to the format this event will be huge as they are tremendous draw with their following/advertising etc.

This area (NE) is always a good draw for Buicks...

I will be there both days set up as a vendor and have many used turbo parts with me and zddplus and the new zpaste both are great prices.....hope to see many of you there. We will have several big items for sale cheap that can't be shipped example consoles etc....

Not sure what day is show day probably Saturday for NE chapter of GS Club however check their website to know which day for sure. I expect to be there Saturday and sunday. Hopefully no rain....already this area is like 4 inches up for the month!

kirbanperformance.com

Last year the Hemmings fall event with F.A.S.T race event was held at the NY track Lebanon Valley moved to Englishtown better location and facilities.

"One being an orange big block Corvette and I think the other is a Hemi powered Road Runner."
They go to great lengths making car 100% stock in outward appearance.

This area (NE) is always a good draw for Buicks...

I will be there both days set up as a vendor and have many used turbo parts with me and zddplus and the new zpaste both are great prices.....hope to see many of you there.
Not sure what day is show day probably Saturday for NE chapter of GS Club however check their website to know which day for sure. I expect to be there Saturday and sunday. Hopefully no rain....already this area is like 4 inches up for the month!

kirbanperformance.com

Hi Dennis...I attended a "Musclepaloosa" event earlier this year (last May or June, I think...) at Lebanon Valley Dragway and indeed, the two fastest 100% stock appearing cars were the orange big block Corvette and black Hemi Road Runner (both looking like '69 models) you're referring to. Eventually, they both ended up one against the other for a great final, but I'm not sure who won though. I remember the Corvette being a little faster (10.50's to 10.60's for the Road Runner)...:eek: which I found impressive, taking into consideration that they run with rather narrow "stock appearing" tires too!...I did not speak to neither of these two racers, but to be able to run that fast, I suppose they have big cubic inch stroked motors...:rolleyes:
I'll try to stop by at E-Town to say hi...:wink:

Claude. :)

kirban 2 cents worth

The orange big block Corvette is owned by one of the guys that run the F.A.S.T. events actually has 2 of them his wife I believe drives the other one. That Lebanon Valley track is in the middle of nowhere.....

Hope for good weather see ya there....

kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

The orange big block Corvette is owned by one of the guys that run the F.A.S.T. events actually has 2 of them his wife I believe drives the other one. That Lebanon Valley track is in the middle of nowhere.....

Hope for good weather see ya there....

kirban

Hi Dennis,

Yep, Lebanon Valley is in the middle of nowhere, and the shutdown area is pretty hairy. The prevailing wind blows dirt from the circle track onto the top part of the dragstrip which makes slowing down a lot more interesting than it should be, especially if you're going along.

Englishtown is a nice track. I have seen racing there, but I haven't been myself. Planning on being there on the 5th.

Regards,

Fritz

Does anyone know if the quick 16 will be heads up or bracket style?

Thanks in advance...

The NEGSCA is only running the quick 16 on saturday. The car show is now run by Hemmings on sunday (No buick performance weekend) all the buicks are put in one pile with no class break down ( GN,GNX,GS) only 1st,2nd,best paint, best interior.

Great day! Lots of sun and a cool breeze was the best! Rich R sorry I didn't stop by. Thank you again for the invite! I was sun baked and just wanted to get home and rest! I'm ready for a nap! The car show awards were kinda strange. They gave out 2 awards to every manufacture. So Buick's only got 2. Pontiac's only got 2 and so on. So if you had a 1987 Yugo you would have won by default. Not that I go to win but for a Hemmings event I was almost expecting them to give out something to everyone! Or at least do the top 50 or 100. There was some beautiful cars there that should have won at any show and they didn't. I guess you'll have to be at the MAGNA car show event in Cecil in October if you want to win with your Buick! Here are the pics I took today...

Hemmings Muscle Palooza X 2009 - a set on Flickr

It was a great time at E-Town, weather couldn't be any better. The car show had some awsome looking cars, and our Buicks had a great presence. To bad the Buicks were scattered all over the show, I did notice an open section, maybe next year all the Buicks can hang together to show what the Buick community is all about...

i also had a great time meeting everyone and hanging out talking buick :D everyone's cars were so nice and ran great on the track as well. that gn with the flames on it holly cow :eek:

Well, we had a great weekend, beautiful weather, a little hot on saturday, but perfect on Sunday... :smile:
I was there all weekend with the "Cotton's group" but not with my Buick though (still at Jack's shop...) but instead, with my son's Dakota R/T. It was his first time racing at "E-Town" and he did quite good by winning his personal best (14.17), and went on winning the first round of eliminations on Saturday and two rounds on Sunday before redlighting in the third...:redface:

We had a great time and hoping to do it again next year!

It was a great time at E-Town, weather couldn't be any better. The car show had some awsome looking cars, and our Buicks had a great presence. To bad the Buicks were scattered all over the show, I did notice an open section, maybe next year all the Buicks can hang together to show what the Buick community is all about...

Weather was perfect and the cars where all GREAT!!!! But lets bring back Buick Performance Weekend for the show part , Hemmings can have the musclepalooza and the NEGSCA can have our old show back.:biggrin: Plenty of room for two great events! :cool: Great to see everyone!!!

If they run the show like they did this year you won't see hardly any Buick's there next year. There were so many beautiful Buick's there and with a handful of awards I'm sure they won't be hauling their cars back for that mess. I talked to man angry Buick owners about how Hemming's did a horrible job with this show. All the money behind Hemmings you would think they would have gave out much better awards and more of them.

This is one of the reasons MAGNA has teamed up with John Csordas with the Buick Regionals at Cecil County Dragway in Maryland. This event will be ALL about Buick's with a judged car show. I guess this is going to be the only judged car show just for Buick's in the area. See you there!

attachment.php

Hemmings doggie bag contained an issue of muscle machines and an issue of hemmings motor news.......big deal, I already recieved them in the mail!They should of had a choice like a hat or shirt. Besides that I had a really good time talking to people and checking out the cars!I had the only 65 skylark gran sport there, I was hoping to see more:smile: I got a nice sunburn also

If they run the show like they did this year you won't see hardly any Buick's there next year. There were so many beautiful Buick's there and with a handful of awards I'm sure they won't be hauling their cars back for that mess. I talked to man angry Buick owners about how Hemming's did a horrible job with this show. All the money behind Hemmings you would think they would have gave out much better awards and more of them.

This is one of the reasons MAGNA has teamed up with John Csordas with the Buick Regionals at Cecil County Dragway in Maryland. This event will be ALL about Buick's with a judged car show. I guess this is going to be the only judged car show just for Buick's in the area. See you there!

attachment.php

kirban 2 cents worth

Jim sent you an email on Cecil car show....

Its ashame the way the event went down but things like this happen on a first year event. Every first year event has problems. It was also unusual not to open the gates Saturday until 11 am.

Obviosuily the NE Chapter could have easily held an all Buick car show event Saturday adding to the venue for the weekend.

Hopefully, next Labor Day heads can come together to make it work for all concern. Sundays show was quite impressive seeing so many top notch cars on display. Also the F.A.S.T. race event which of course our company is partial to being a major sponsor.

On another note, I do plan to be at Cecil on Saturday the car show day, and will have ZDDPlus product with me and a wide array of good used turbo parts. That is my plan at this point.

Hope to see many of you there.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com