Raceway Park In Englishtown, NJ Has Stopped All Drag Racing Events.

Your perception is incorrect. Old Bridge/Englishtown is actually slightly North of the central line that dissects NJ. It is 15 minutes from Staten Island, one of the 5 boroughs of NYC. So depending on where you live in the city, e-town is probably closer for you. Obviously Queens, bordering Nassau County is probably closer to LI tracks, and parts of Brooklyn and the Bronx as well. I have run at e-town, Atco, Capital in MD, and Cecil County. But 90% of the time I was going to e-town.

This was coming for a while. Pure and simple, gentrification. The upper middle class who ran out of NYC and North jersey settled in the central jersey region and they don't like us low brow folk. The other motorsports if I recall are daytime only events, whereas us dragers are primarily nighttime. We were keeping little Chaz and Boopsie up at night. Oh well. To he!! with them.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Bingo, bingo and bingo. I live in Old Bridge, and I already spoke to the police department, and they told me what was going on. Lemme tell you, Raceway Park was more packed than it ever was. A lot of people don't realize that because they cannot relate to what was taking place there, nor the newer generations. The track used to be open Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights, as well as Saturday and Sundays. Then got trimmed down to Wednesday and Friday nights, as well as Saturday and Sundays. Then it got trimmed down to Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday only. Out of nowhere with the last two years they brought back Friday nights as a "showing only" for the next generation, but it started to pick up and in a big way. Enter Ratchet Friday's and neighbors were going ballistic. I have never seen Raceway Park as busy since I have lived in Old Bridge New Jersey, it was mobbed. Traffic in Old Bridge during Fast Fest was at a freaking stand still. It was insane, and it was only getting more and more frequent. Guys over on NYCE1's started creating events such as 732/908 vs 718/212, and it was getting out of hand online. So yeah, enter the new Democratic Governor who believes in and backs a sanctuary state concept, and you have the Napp's folding under pressure. Yeah, they still made their money either way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=XWhbXNB5-Ko

Correct, Englishtown is not South Jersey.

Funny aside. If you've ever looked at the satirical map of New Jersey posted online, the part of South Jersey I now live in is labeled "pretty much Alabama" on the map. Which is true, we voted Red, we like trucks and horsepower, guns, hunting, conservative family values, America, horses, etc. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Here's the map of NJ. By the way, this map seems to offend everyone equally but if anyone here is bothered by this picture, I will delete it.

funny-new-jersey-area-map.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That's hilarious lol. You know it's funny, I'm looking at that map (I know it's a joke) and I see that small section labeled "The Jews" lmao, and just like in the Middle East when you compare the physical size of Israel to its' neighbors, it's so freaking tiny. Meanwhile, they wield the most influential power everywhere they go lol. Too funny... ;)