Buick History

rag231

Just went thru an old box of Buick history and I found Kenne Bell, ESP , ATR catalogs, Bowling Green Customs and Modern Muscle Car and more ads. HiTech Performance and all of my old GM HiTech Performance mags. I even have the article of Kenne Bell doubling the hp of a motor. Modern Musclecar had an engine rebuild special for only $1825, .....what????!!!!!! Bowling Green customs had the fiberglass GN body that weighed 140lbs for $3550 or the Carbon Fiber body that weighed 68lbs for around $5500. Hood pads were $60. I'll take 10 of those. Eastern Performance was selling everything including rims, oil and engine hoists and Lawrence Conley had 2 pages of stage 2 stuff, 1 page was just blocks and short blocks. One thing that was interesting from reading the old articles was the simplicity of the builds. For cars running in the sevens, the builds were basically the same but when I looked at everyone's advertised recipes to run low 11's to mid 12's there were a 100 different ways with every little gadget to get you there. It's great to know that there is still support for the Turbo Buick community from vendors and it made me want to give a big thanks to them. Let us continue to do our part and support them. Now if could just round up those ATR exhaust guys and one of those carbon fiber GN bodies...

Nice! I remember most of that stuff, too bad we cant get all the old stuff on a pdf file! id buy one..

I am sure that I'm not the only Buick pack rat, my collection basically started late '95, I would just be concerned with reprinting copyright issues. It would take a while but I would do it. I bet the stuff that would be on that PDF would take a year to go thru.

I'd throw some coin your way for your efforts just to re-live some of the early history. I had a bunch of it, but it was in the car when it was stolen. I'm SO glad I got back into these cars cause they're basically so freakin cool, and there is so much more in the way of aftermarket (THANK YOU VENDORS!!!) then there was in the late '80s.

I wouldn't worry too much about copyright infringement from Postons, Bowling Green Customs, ATR, Turbo Tune, and most of the others. All long gone, never to return.

I got in the game back in 1988 with chips and wiring, and still going for some reason....! Must be a survivor. One of the very few pioneers in this game.

If I had the documents I could turn them into a PDF file. I manage a digital print shop. I have a 70,000 dollar scanner digital press. because I do archival PDF storage for many city governments. I see the problem being copyright on some of them. I have to contact people all the time about their copyright protected works and almost everybody signs off on it to be done.

John,
I have bought a few items from you, and would really like to say thanks for some of your products!!!

Mark

I am sure that I'm not the only Buick pack rat,
Buick pack rat here...

Came across my Kenne Belle "After Cooler" yesterday. Remember the 7th injector? I still have the ATR "Hi-Speed Fan Revision Kit" paddle hanging in front of the radiator. Geez...