Buick Greetings from Germany

buicktom61

Hello,

I am finishing my 86 GN after some month of restoration. Last Saturday I had it out of my shop for the first time. It was a good time for some nice photos. This photo I like most and I want to share it with you, because it shows my Buick Muscle cars. The yellow is a 1967 Buick GS 400 Convertible with muncie 4-speed. All stock. And the black, I think I don't have to explain.

Greetings from Germany
Thomas
IMG_1386.JPG

Welcome aboard, you have a nice collection going there. Happy boosting

Willkommen Thomas.
Very nice collection.
If you send us some good beer, we'll send you Buick parts.:D

Mike Barnard

Thomas , where at in Germany? I fly there alot my mother in law owns a gasthaus in Friedburg, outskirts of Frankfurt and I used to live in Landstuhl.

I live in Moenchengladbach. That's near Cologne and Duesseldorf. Friedberg is about 150 miles from here.
That's a nice idea: Beaming Buick parts for beer.
Thanks
Thomas

I was stationed near Wurzburg. in the mid eighties. I miss the people and the places. The Autobahn too.;)

Mike B.

I was in Hanau, Germany, Fest beer is the best beer. Had a great time there. Miss the fests.

Nice collection you have sir. I would love to take my Z06 or GN on the Autobahn. Peace

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thank you sir for your compliment. We have a lot of Corvettes of any age here in Germany (we own a 1972), but only a few GNs. I know two other here in Germany. One in Switzerland and one in Finnland.
I believe there less than 20 GN here in Europe at the moment. But there will be more in future.
Thomas

PS. Fest beer is really the best beer.

Hello fellow Turbo Buick fans !

I just wanted to introduce myself real quick: My name is Rainer, 47 y.o., 2 daughters and 1 wife, I live in the south-western part of Germany 5 minutes from the french border, I sell tools out of a truck for a living (Snap-on) and I own a GNX.

The car is # 198 of 547 made and it has 33 kmls on the clock. I bought it in 2001 just a week after 9-11 from a guy in MA, I am now the 3rd owner. The car is in xlnt shape but I try to drive it every now and then. After I bought it I removed the stock turbo and put it on the shelf, car now has a Turbonetics T76 ball bearing turbo and an array of GN1 parts, car har around 450 rwhp.

I grew up with G-Bodies in the '80s and since love these cars. Also in the collection is a '86 Monte Carlo SS w/ Tremec T56 and LT1, '87 El Camino SS, '88 Trans Am GTA w/ Paxton S/C, '90 IROC-Z 1 LE, '94 Eldorado TC, '96 Impala SS w/ Paxton S/C, '98 Camaro SS 402 LSX, '06 Cadillac SRX, '08 Corvette Z06 w/ built motor/heads/cam.
The Z06 has seen GPS monitored 210 mph on the Autobahn.

Any Turbo Buick friends in CA ? My family and I will be visiting in August.

So long

Rainer
03071b2ad4018e27b5b9a1aac72d3434.jpg
61e706a222b44e33745b4e0cdabe1bb0.

Last edited:
Hello Rainer,
unbelievable to have a GNX here in Germany. Last I saw, was at the Buick Centennial in Flint ,Mi. in 2003. With your car collection you are a real car nut.
Where are you located? Maybe we can meet together some day. I know two other GN enthusiasts here in Germany. Maybe there are more?
Let stay in contact.
Happy Buicking
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Ich wohne in der Nähe von Karlsruhe. Ein paar Jahre lang sah ich einen '87 GN aus Gross Gerau auf den NitroOlympix in Hockenheim, aber jetzt leider nicht mehr.
Es würde mich sehr freuen wenn wir uns mal treffen könnten, bin oft beruflich in NRW.

Viele Grüsse

Rainer

Halo Thomas....I was just in Selters for two weeks in February for Siemens Step 7 training. Went to Koln to see the Dom, and to Dusseldorf. Awesome culture over there..would love to go back.
John

Cool stories. What types of comments do you guys generally get when showing off the Buicks?

Went to Koln to see the Dom, and to Dusseldorf. Awesome culture over there..would love to go back.
John
Koln or better international Cologne is my birth town. For me the best place in the world. Sorry I don't want to offend someone. But people who were born in Koln have a very special love for it.

Jerryl we have a lot of US Cars here and especially the old ones from the fifties have a lot of fans here. I have no experience with the GN, because I only had it out for a test drive. I will see what they will say next year. In 2016 it will be 30 years old and than I can register it as ClassicCar. That's much cheaper than a regular registration.

Thomas

Thank you sir for your compliment. We have a lot of Corvettes of any age here in Germany (we own a 1972), but only a few GNs. I know two other here in Germany. One in Switzerland and one in Finnland.
I believe there less than 20 GN here in Europe at the moment. But there will be more in future.
Thomas

PS. Fest beer is really the best beer.

Thomas, there are probably 20 GNs here in Finland and many more if you count turbo Regals as well. 10 '87 GNs were sold new by the dealer back in 87-88.

That sounds very interesting. I know, that some GNs and Regals were sold in 87 in Switzerland. The same as my daily driver a 96 Park Avenue Ultra. Buick or better GM stopped their Buick and Chevy sales 1995 in Germany. Since then you only can buy officialy Corvettes and Cadillacs in Europe. I don't know if all Buicks and Chevys which were sold in Switzerland after 1995 came over GM Europe.