Buick GN/ Monaro concept

I agree with Raven on the shape of GM's new cars. Don't care for it.......except for Cadillac. They have gone to the straight lines and angularity of the 80's cars. I'd like to see a new GN similar to the CTS, only black and a 2 door.

I really don't want to see a new GN. They should leave what they did in the 80's alone. If a new one comes up, I'm convinced it would be crap and not worthy of the name.

Originally posted by Captain Mark
I'd like to see a new GN similar to the CTS, only black and a 2 door.
I've been thinking exactly the same thing (basing it on the CTS platform) for a few years! Only keep the price competitive without using all the fancy Caddy interiors and so forth. Put the 3800 in it with a Turbo or a Twin Turbo set up, cut back on some of the angularity just slightly, put on rectangular headlights/tail lights and bingo! - you've got a great representation of a new GN.

I've even done several drawings of my concept and people I've shown them to say it would make a great new millenium TR.:eek:

In order to have great sales numbers, the next Grand National GM will make will be an SUV with a chevy motor in it. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Raven
I've been thinking exactly the same thing (basing it on the CTS platform) for a few years! Only keep the price competitive without using all the fancy Caddy interiors and so forth. Put the 3800 in it with a Turbo or a Twin Turbo set up, cut back on some of the angularity just slightly, put on rectangular headlights/tail lights and bingo! - you've got a great representation of a new GN.

I've even done several drawings of my concept and people I've shown them to say it would make a great new millenium TR.:eek:

holy crap thats a good idea to take the CTS platform and turn it to a GN... of course it cant have a V8 in there;) we aint going to talk about that thread;)

i really wished that GM would think about building a new GN with some engine parts that could swap with our older cars... such as TA HEADS AND BLOCK?? hello GM guys you reading this? take the new aluminum heads and block, and the leg work is already done for a new engine! all the GM guys have to do is configure the accessories and copy the 1986 prints for the rest of the engine to make it work?
even if they wanted to do a supercharged 6 in the car with the TA parts would be greatly benifit US because parts would be more available with mass production

sounds good to me, sign me up
BW

The 3800 is the 3.8 liter V6 GM uses in the Grand Prix, Impala, etc.

3.8 liter V6... hmmm... sounds familiar.;)

I bet a Turbo setup on it would work great (with the proper internals), don't you? :eek: ;) It would be an easy bolt-in on the CTS frame (with proper mounts, etc). From there, all you've got is minor cosmetics to deal with, different and unique interior (black with gray inserts along with V6 Logo on the head rests) and you've got a HUGE hit that is a REAL musclecar with a heritage - and, the balls to back it up.

I would put it up against the new "GTO" pretender anyday.

I think a limited edition CTS style car with the TA block and about 600 HP would be great.

Price it at $65K and sell about 2500 of them. :)

Would also lower the price of the TA blocks to us poor folk who can't afford $65K cars. ;)

Originally posted by salvageV6
I think a limited edition CTS style car with the TA block and about 600 HP would be great.

Price it at $65K and sell about 2500 of them. :)

Would also lower the price of the TA blocks to us poor folk who can't afford $65K cars. ;)

Better yet, price it at $35000 and sell 15000 of them!

GN convertible

"Sources suggest a range of other products are under active consideration, including a Buick four-passenger model that could be equipped with a retractable hardtop. "

The Car Connection