Buick GN Books

stangkillergn

Was looking for some good reading materials, tech books, brochures, information, etc on the 86-87 Buick GN's... quick search on Google gave me quite a few suggestions, and some we quite expensive...

not sure if there's any must have or ?required reading" books I should get?

any suggestions on good books to get or NOT WASTE my money on would be appreciated?

I like the Dennis k book.

I got it off eBay but he might still sell them.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I like the dennis kirban book also been a tremendous seller for us over 5,000 sold over 350 pages took 2 years to write and its based on selling over 300 of the cars.

won't learn much technical stuff but covers th various models. Pete Hoffmans book is also a good engine book complete with part numbers. Most of the Dove books are now out of print.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Course at 5,000 copies I am falling way short of my Dad who had two books hit 1/2 million in sales...

pete hoffmaan book is the best for quuck look up basic knowledge etc. dove books are great but tough to find. kirban book was my fav.

to further clarify besides the 350 page book i also wrote another one about what to look for when buying a 1986-1987 Turbo Regal and then wrote 2 smaller books tips and trivia #1 and #2. Those two books are based on things I did and learned on the 300 plus turbo regals I bought.

All the books discussed in this post are worthy to have.

Unfortunately Buick never did any books specific or repair books specific for the turbo cars. They certainily didn't put one out showing what the basic distance should be for the rear deck lid and rear quarter panels or how much wind noise you can expect to hear from T-Tops or the average length of time you can expect a power antenna to work properly or how many years or months you can expect before you see the brake lite come on!

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I like the dennis kirban book also been a tremendous seller for us over 5,000 sold over 350 pages took 2 years to write and its based on selling over 300 of the cars.

won't learn much technical stuff but covers th various models. Pete Hoffmans book is also a good engine book complete with part numbers. Most of the Dove books are now out of print.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Course at 5,000 copies I am falling way short of my Dad who had two books hit 1/2 million in sales...

Thanks Dennis. Good to hear from you... You always had the best parts and best service over the years... Always gave me an honeststraight answer...

Any thoughts on writing a good restoration guide?