Buddy Ingersoll- you tube video from 1986

Always nice watching that video of Buddy racing his turbo v6 Buick Regal. He scared the crap out of those guys in pro stock running those 700 + cubic inch mountain engines.

Saw him make some exhibition runs at the TX Motorplex not long after his combo got banned...

Great video he was ahead of his time for sure . He was a damn good racer.

Every run he ran 7.3's, he was consistent but just couldnt quite get a 7.2 out of it to win in the final. Very respectable runs and had them all sweating bullets into the finals. Awesome job to run that well back in those days before there was alot of tech out there that's available these days.
Amazing accomplishment to hang with those guys with what he had available to him in those days. It did change drag racing forever with the exposure he got from that event. RIP

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I miss that guy. A great automotive pioneer, that had the balls to think outside the box and do what it took to make it happen. He made a lot of people nervous with the freakish power he unleashed. I'm happy to say that we're still keeping that image alive today.:D This video is a great piece of Turbo Buick history. I remember him posting on here a few times too.:)

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard