Bruce...RIP.

Oh My God

I cannot put into words how much this man brought to this entire community.

Never did anyone that got on my nerves as much as he did end up teaching me so much.

I first dealt with him in late 98 on the DIY efi mailing list. He frustrated me with his responses that lacked a quick and easy answer to my questions about my TBI firebird. He was the only person on earth it seemed that had modded one and was doing his own chips.

There were several times where I got downright heated with him on forums or the mailing list.

I soon learned some valuable lessons from this man that have carried on through many of my lifes endeavors.

I can never again just accept a conclusion without supporting data and that goes for everything. It's almost as much of a curse as it is a blessing as one can never be happy accepting things because thats just the way it "is".

I'm glad that when I got a turbo buick I was able to talk to him about subjects outside of the hobby in the political forum at turbobuick.com, it's there where we found that we shared similar beliefs. When I discovered his past military service, and he of my current (at the time) military service, we made our peace.

I still search for his posts regularly. Today I was searching for some of his posts even, before I heard this news and thought to myself "I haven't seen him post for awhile, I hope he is ok"

Rest in Peace Bruce, you won't be forgotten.

He was a wealth of technical information. RIP.

Very sad news:( . He helped me at the nats as well. You always saw him and TurboBob out cruising the GN and the golf cart.

Thanks Bruce for your help. My thoughts are with you and your family.

God Speed my friend, you will be missed hanging out at our tent at BG and I will miss our spirited discussions. Bruce was truely a gifted person and had a keen understanding of how things work with cars and how they work in life as well.
Mike & Marianne

:frown:

Over the years I have briefly chatted with, and shared some e-mails with Bruce, and always walked away with food for thought, and a wealth of information.

You will be missed :frown:

Paul

Reading everyones responses sends chills up my spine.

I find myself thinking of Bruce alot the past couple days. Reading all the Pm's we shared on different sites and looking back on his posts has me wondering why I am so sad about someone I never met in person.

Wish I had gone to the Nats and met him. :(

Its a shame :-(

I was dissappointed because Im in houston at school this year and was going to miss the Nationals for the first time in 8 yrs or so.

The last 4-5 yrs I have spent a lot of time with Bruce there and always looked forward to the Nats and the spring and fall Pow-wows or the TA NATS cause I always stopped at Bruces and even dragged him out to the show(I think he still hates me for that lol)

He will be missed and he leaves a long list of people who respected him and his knowledge will live on here as well as at thirdgen.org

I just hope he wasnt in pain and that he is happy now.

Goodbye Bruce

Jeremy

Man... What a shame.... I thought a lot of Bruce. I had many threads we posted back and forth over the past few years. I met him at the nats last year in person.... I rode in the golf cart with him back to Mike Licht's tent and met Mike and the crew. Fine people indeed. He will be missed. We talked quite a bit about CNP technology on his TR. He truly was a pioneer in "out-of-the-box" stuff for our cars.

May God be with his family. Great guy.

Sad day for the TR community.

Wow, and to think a few days ago it seemed like he might be going to BG. This sucks he was a very brilliant man. What a loss. :(

What a great guy he was on the internet, I'm sure he was even better in real life, as most are.

I enjoyed his comments on tech subjects.

RIP

If anyone knows any of Bruce's family, please PM me. I spoke with his neighbor today, and without going into a lot of detail, not all of the funeral arrangements have been made.

Aside from that, the neighbor is supposed to contact me if, and when, the funeral arrangements have been finalized.

Bruce only ever mentioned his mother to me. She died a year or two ago unfortunately.

While Bruce may have lived alone, he had tons of good friends. He was never lonely.

If you need any help with arrangements or whatever, drop me a line.

Bob

What a loss to our small community.....

I learned a lot reading all of his tech posts, although I must admit that sometimes I had absolutely no clue what he was talking about.

My sincerest condolences to his family & friends. RIP Bruce.....

Bruce, we'll miss you. Rest in peace.
bruceplecan2003.jpg

I had forgotten about that page, the information there is what got me started prom burning years ago.

If I am not mistaken, ECM Guy also passed on a few years ago.

He and Bruce are probably tuning something with a lot of boost in the hereafter