Bruce..a little worried ???

1987boosted

Bruce,
I have a problem. I bought the killer street tranny and had southeast turbo install it, remember I spoke with you about the fittings?? Anyhow i was driving down the hill from my house about a week ago and my car felt like it would not go down from 3-2, almost a hopping feeling on the downshift, i want to shift..no i dont ok ill try again..ok no i dont..type feeling. Well from that moment on it does not want to go away and it ONLY happens under VERY LIGHT throttle, under full throttle POW POW POW, loves every shift....i looked at my Tvr cable and four ridges are exposed on the outside toward the firewall, is that too MUCH?? I am not going to touch anything until i get some kind of reply of a cause of this, been busy as hell with finals and finally getting around to hopping on here and seeing what you think...its very strange that it happens under LIGHT throttle, full throttle it shifts perfect, any thoughts Bruce?

Made mistake its the 2-1 or 1-2 shift, light throttle, feels like it does not want to shift

Sounds like tcc is stuck on. Odd but call shop or SE Turbo on Monday or email PTS XTREME@aol.comand we will get handled or figure out what is going on. It sounds alot like tcc tho....

Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME

Sounds good, ill give you a call Monday morning....I am going to have to go replace the front tires today, can anything be damaged by driving it like this for a short distance? Thanks again and i will talk to you on Monday.

-Darrell

**** made a mistake in original post, it is the 1-2 shift, did it on the decline from my house to replace the front tires, only under no throttle and at a roll, or VERY light throttle...really strange..?? Talk to you on Monday about it Bruce, i am completely transmission illiterate!!:(

it may shuttle if tv is a click off. only at next to a hair of pressure on the throttle or a semi high idle right>? nothing wrong just take out one click of tv

WE4
Bruce
And no it wont hurt anything :)

thats right:), ill take care of it tomorrow!:) Just got back from taking my nieces skating and cooking steaks on the grill! Ill let you know if it fixes it tomorrow, just out of curiousity, does it sound right that i see 4 ridges toward the firewall on the plastic piece on the Tv?

ok i took one click out, out meaning take it one click away from the firewall??? still did it, so i figured i did it opposite of what i was supposed to do so i took it back to where it was originally and took it one more click toward the firewall, i now have 5 clicks toward the firewall, shift firmness feels fine and it has NOT done it since....i almost have the cable maxed out, but the shifts almost break my neck now, well not that bad but they are firm...there are five ridges toward the firewall...TOO MUCH??

when i took the click away i lost shift firmness...i am at college now and trying to get through exams, ill give u a call on wednesday if problem reoccurs.