Broken bolt removal .

I have been doing that for years. Works great. If you have a stud or bolt broken with some of the bolt hanging out heat it up a little and touch a crayon to the part thats hanging out and the wax melts into the threads. A 75 year old man demonstrated this in a machine shop in chicago back in 87. That works real good as well

Drill into the broken bolt with a left hand drill (Yes, they are available.), keep using larger drills
and usually the remaining piece of the bolt will spin right of the hole. I have done this several times.
I just went out and bought a full set of of them just to have in my shop for this purpose.
Center punch it before you start drilling so the first hole is in roughly the center of the bolt so you don't
damage the threads. Works for me. HTH

If the above fails you can mill it out. I mill out several broken studs/bolts a month. Taking apart turbos that have been together for 25+years is a pain in the ass. Usually I get the bolt out and it's like a thread insert when it comes out

I will be changing the exhaust manifolds on my 2003 F250. I expect to use several of these methods. Yipeee!:(

That's great on a bench but under the car it Doesn't work too well when you're trying to weld a nut onto a flexplate bolt and the sparks set the transmission fluid soaked creeper under your head on fire.

That's great on a bench but under the car it Doesn't work too well when you're trying to weld a nut onto a flexplate bolt and the sparks set the transmission fluid soaked creeper under your head on fire.

I'd think seeing a short vid of Alan getting out from under the car, would be worth the price of admission!!!:eek::D:D

I'd think seeing a short vid of Alan getting out from under the car, would be worth the price of admission!!!:eek::D:D

Please post the vid if you happen to see it again. Cause according to the late Richard Pryor fire is inspirational.

I've been using candles to remove bolts for decades,works great for block plugs if you do it first before you round off or strip out . get it cherry red first.

Please post the vid if you happen to see it again. Cause according to the late Richard Pryor fire is inspirational.

I've been using candles to remove bolts for decades,works great for block plugs if you do it first before you round off or strip out . get it cherry red first.
Ain't no video so there