Broken bladeon the turbo exhaust side

MN250R

I noticed a little while back when installing my thdp, that a blade was broke off on the exhaust side of my stock turbo. The car still runs awesome and pulls really hard, i have o idea when this came off. Am i losing performance from this? SHould i have the stock turbo rebuilt ported? If so who rebuilds turbos?
Or should i save up for a different one?

Thanks

Save up for a te44, its a great turbo, but you might have to upgrade your torque converter.

FWIW,
I would highly recommend you replace or rebuild your turbo as soon as possible. A missing blade from a turbine wheel will definitely throw off the balance of the rotating assembly. Eventually to the point that the wheel will touch down on the turbine housing. This can and will lead to a severe failure. Not too mention the bearing wear, which can contaminate your motors oil system. Leading to more wear. There is no set time limit or miles that the turbo will live for, but I would consider it a ticking time bomb with a blade missing. The same can be said of a turbo with a damaged compressor wheel.

The TE-44 would work with your converter and combo. However, if it were me, I would suggest a turbo with newer technology such as the new Billet 5857E turbo. Especially with your combo.
Just my O2's worth.

Patrick

Just t had this happen destroyed the turbo instantly compressor blades ground down etc , beaqring section possibly sent metal into the oil pump gears .......Motor is now out of car lost oil pressure shortly there after .............REMOVE THE TURBO IMMMEDIATLY........

Get a new turbo. By the time you buy the hard parts and rebuild it for another 100-200 bucks you can buy one.

just my 2 cents worth. Depending on your money situation. You have 2 choices.

1. Have the stocker rebuilt, but that can get costly, if the turbo has run long enough and hurt enough stuff you will need a complete center section, from comp. wheel to turbine wheel. The thing I don't like about the stock turbo is the bearing system inside the turbo, carbon seal backplate and 270 trust bearing. Don't get me wrong, they make good power and if rebuilt will work fine. you have to ask yourself how much are you willing to spend for a stock turbo??? compaired to buying something new and improved.

2. Save up for an upgrade for your car, cause that is what it's all about anyway. Am I right guys? I want to upgrade and go faster everytime I am at the track. There are plenty of good upgrades out there and a lot of great people on this board that are willing to help someone out and help them not to make the same mistakes they have made. I don't know if PTE still will take stock turbos for cores or not but you can call them and find out. All that will cost is a phone call. Also if the turbo starts to self destruct, you can damage the motor for sure!!!!! My buddie destroyed a beautiful GN 3 days after buying it for 11g's. But that was not due to a turbo issue. Just saying it can happen. Maybe you can even find something used you could buy if you trust the guy selling it.
Hope this helps.
Good luck
TTnewB
RUQuickNF's Brother in law. Hope the car goes faster that 11.72
Need to go to the track!!! bad