BRISTOL- Vote for a Sept. 08 Date!

Vote For TurboBuick.com Nationals 08 Event Date!

• Sept 4-6 (Labor Day Weekend)

Votes: 35 46.1%
  • Sept 11-13

Votes: 35 46.1%
  • I am not going either way.

Votes: 6 7.9%

• Total voters
I would vote for it to be a BOP event, big blocks & turbos & anything else that goes fast! Not only does that help me (and some other vendors) make the decision to spend money to attend, it should make the event more profitable & keep it going. If it's Buicks only, the ticket prices might have to go way up with the lower car count. An all GM event might work out even better too. You can always convert it to a Buicks only event later on if the other cars get in the way or make it a hassle for the Buicks to get runs or whatever. Personally I think it's great to see other fast cars, and educate them on the Buick power & class :)

PS- Talk to Conleys & get all the FAST cars into going. Others will follow if we know there will be some 7 sec passes to see there! Those that remember Buicks @ Bristol back in the day, with the noise echoing off the mountains on a side-by-side fast run know what I am talking about :) Can't imagine top fuelers making a pass there! :D

Hotels there shouldn't be a big issue holiday weekend, unless the speedway has an event going on. Don't think it's a big destination spot for a lot of Labor Day travelers, but could be wrong. Can always ask for the Buick block of rooms discount.

I would vote for it to be a BOP event, big blocks & turbos & anything else that goes fast! Not only does that help me (and some other vendors) make the decision to spend money to attend, it should make the event more profitable & keep it going. If it's Buicks only, the ticket prices might have to go way up with the lower car count. An all GM event might work out even better too. You can always convert it to a Buicks only event later on if the other cars get in the way or make it a hassle for the Buicks to get runs or whatever. Personally I think it's great to see other fast cars, and educate them on the Buick power & class :)

PS- Talk to Conleys & get all the FAST cars into going. Others will follow if we know there will be some 7 sec passes to see there! Those that remember Buicks @ Bristol back in the day, with the noise echoing off the mountains on a side-by-side fast run know what I am talking about :) Can't imagine top fuelers making a pass there! :D

Hotels there shouldn't be a big issue holiday weekend, unless the speedway has an event going on. Don't think it's a big destination spot for a lot of Labor Day travelers, but could be wrong. Can always ask for the Buick block of rooms discount.

A BOP event sounds good to me. The ALL GM event would turn into a "Camaro Fest" I like (And have a 67 RS Camaro) but I can go to ANY other event and see them. So I think doing the BOP like has been held in the past would work best.

Russ:cool:

Bristol

I will try to attend event which ever weekend is decided on.

B.O.P. event sounds good too!! I love watching peoples reactions when they see a TSO or TSM car run for the first time. They about $h!t themselves when they learn that these are only V6 engines with 10.50 wide tires.

I didn't get my GN until a couple of years ago, so I missed all of the action at Bristol, and have heard all the good things, would love to experience it myself.

I voted for the second weekend...due to fact the BPG runs an event at E-town labor day weekend..at thats in my back yard...never been to Bristol and seeing as my car will be up and running next/this year would like to try and attend assume you would be running a B1 B2 type class

That is also the weekend that MAGNA runs one of their Points Series races. That'll exclude some of us from attending at Bristol.

This isn't looking to good..... Looks like to many conflicts:frown:

This is the ONLY weekends left open at Bristol after Aug. So we are going to regroup and have to change venues or either look at spring dates...

Personally I am thinking the new mega track coming in Concord, I will be calling soon for dates:cool: