Brighter headlights

i've seen kits like these before and YES they do connect to factory wiring - right into the existing plug - and the better versions include relays as well. HTH - should be a 15-25 minute project

I would like to see detailed pictures of the under the hood look after installation, such as wiring, ballast location (s) for 2 and 4 installations?

sure here you go.......

Here is the driver side mounting of the ballast
IMG_1026.JPG

here you can see the bottom of the ballast where the NEW harness plugs in
IMG_1027.JPG

the red and blue wires are coming out of the ballast and going into the hid bulb
IMG_1028.JPG

this is where the stock harness plugs into the HID harness (NO CUTTING)
IMG_1029.JPG

here is where i grounded the harness
IMG_1030.JPG

this is where i hooked up power to the battery for the hid relay harness
IMG_1031.JPG

this is the location of the passenger side ballast
IMG_1045.JPG

I am interested in a set. Can you post pics of them om your GN? Like shots of the front and under the hood?

sure you should see the installation pics from above
here is a 6000k kit compared to a stock high beam

IMG_1128.JPG
IMG_1127.JPG

that should give you a good comparison

dont forget this is also at 12:00 noon time, so at night the color and brightness is MUUUUUUUUUCH brighter.

I am definitely interested. From what I can tell you just supply the HID kit itself and not the 4x6 cubies we need to put the HID bulbs into. Was the seller you talked about earlier on ebay suppost to be the link we get them from? Or can you supply the whole kit"everything"?

Correct, i just sell the hids right now, i am working on becoming a supplier from that company. I have 3 different sets of their conversion housings in my cars. And their quality is awesome.

I just picked that guy from ebay, cause that is where i got mine from, and he has them instock.

Whats up with the discription of the lights on your website? all it says is "blah blah blah" etc... Sorry I am really leary on group buys since I was ripped off by one several months ago along with at least 13 other people.

The blah blah is just a generitc description, i posted earlier when someone asked for a website that it was under constriction. I appologized for that, and i havent had any time still to work on it.

I'm sorry that you got burned on a group buy before, that is NOT my intention whatsoever!!!! I am a legit guy who loves horsepower and turbos, and am not screwing anyone over.

here is my ebay feedback all positive.

You can do a whois registery inquiry to my websites and get all my info.

87GNasty,

I already have the H4 Halogen-Bulb Conversion for my low beams. If I get the HID H4 conversion for my low beams, what happens when I put my high beams on? Right now, if I put my high beams on, all 4 of the headlights come on (i.e. the second filament on the H4 low beams come on and my standard (sealed) beams come on). Now, with the HID low-beam conversion, if I were to put my high beams on, will the HIDs shut off and only the original sealed (high) beams work?

The link he posted for the other forum he supplied headlights to had many people that received and installed theirs(with no complaints except from some guy who didn't even order them). I cannot imagine him ripping us off when the didn't rip them off.

Just to clarify, if we order the kit from him, and order the 4x6 glass housings, then we would have EVERYTHING to fully install and use the HIDs, correct?

That is one of my otherwebsites. NO one got screwed, everyone is happy.

And yes, if you order the hid housing from the other guy and the hid kit from me. You will need nothing to install it.

87GNasty,

I already have the H4 Halogen-Bulb Conversion for my low beams. If I get the HID H4 conversion for my low beams, what happens when I put my high beams on? Right now, if I put my high beams on, all 4 of the headlights come on (i.e. the second filament on the H4 low beams come on and my standard (sealed) beams come on). Now, with the HID low-beam conversion, if I were to put my high beams on, will the HIDs shut off and only the original sealed (high) beams work?

i dont know how you have it wired, these cars have one seperate beam for low and one for high, it sounds like you have two seperate high beams (onein the low and one in the high)

From what I can see, the factory connectors don't get used. The stock relays power his relays and they supply the HIDs with power. All we have to wire in is a good power source for his relays and a good ground. It's like any other hotwire kit, I think. If I am wrong on any of this hopefully he will correct me.

the factory connector that plugs into the headlight currently gets plugged into the hid harness which then plugs into the ballasts.

Basically it goes from the headlight switch turning on the headlights, to the headlight switch turning on the relay which then turns on the hids.

There are no "factory relays" on either of my '87 cars for headlights.

And there isn't enough tech. info. for me to order them either.

It sounds like they are a low beam only kit for H4 replacements.

I doubt the interface would be a problem, probably just pop a couple of large spade connectors with wires on them into the factory wires for a trigger to the new system.

And yes a close up of a wiring diagram as to how they would work in our cars would also be helpful.

that is posted above.

i've seen kits like these before and YES they do connect to factory wiring - right into the existing plug - and the better versions include relays as well. HTH - should be a 15-25 minute project

correct, it took me 25 minutes to run and mount everything. If you take your time, you can hide the ballasts and make it look like they are not even there.

sorry for all the replys, i just wanted to make sure i didnt skip anyones questions.

Thanks

Rob

Tax refund is on it s way to me. I am ready to buy lots of little things for the car. I am in on a group buy for these. I would like to set up low and high HID's though.

I never saw a price on the HID 35 watt setup, man 4 pages already.

So do you sell the housings with your setup?

BW

What is the best way to order this kit form you? And do we need to clarify that this kit is for a TR when we do even if it is a univerasal so that everything plugs in? I think you said the kit comes in different stages of brightness for HID too as the brightest was like a purple color! Sorry for rehashing what you may have already clarified!

The STOCK, as well as the H4 CONVERSION, headlights work in our cars the same way.

Three wires on the low/high lamp, and two on the high beam only lamp which would be an H1 in the conversion bulb.

Ground is one of the wires on each lamp, two power wires on the low/high beam lamp and one power wire on the high beam only lamp.

The low beam lamp ALSO has a high beam element in it, hence the extra wire to it.

With the $180 kit plus shipping as posted what happens when you turn on the high beams in our cars?

Simple question to answer, and please refer to a Buick service manual if you don't know how the stock Buick Regal system is wired.

"The BI-xenon is a H4 based bulb that when you switch to high beams you would actually move the bulb in the housing to change the beam pattern. Where as on a normal kit, you would not have a high beam, or your high beam is a different headlamp (like a turbo buick)"

Not correct info. here, on a turbo buick BOTH lamps light on high beam operation and what's a "normal kit"?

"The price on the kit is $180 (single beam)plus shipping."

Is the (single beam) a Bi-Xenon kit that illuminates on both low and high beam operation in a Turbo Buick?

"i dont know how you have it wired, these cars have one seperate beam for low and one for high, it sounds like you have two seperate high beams (onein the low and one in the high)"

He DOES have two separate high beams because that is how the FACTORY wired it they are called dual beam headlamps for the low/high element.

Many sites sell a single beam kit that fits many lamps, as well as the Bi-Xenon H4 and dual lamp replacements which are usually $100 more than the single beams per lamp.

So how about some clarification as to how the kit for $180 operates?

well on my grand national, when i went from low beam to high beam, the low beams went off, and the high beams went on.

That is exactly how it is right now with the same

If you want a low beam/high beam hid kit, that would be the Bi-zenon kit, so that when you turn on the high beams the low beams stay on also.

The bi-zenon kits are $220 plus shipping.

Sorry for any mistake that i made.