Breather assembly?

Was wondering if the breather assembly going from pass side valve cover to turbo inlet can be removed? How do i do it and will it cause any issues? Thank u

Plug the hole on the turbo and put a breather on the valve cover and you’re good to go. Many vendors sell a kit with both pieces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was wondering if the breather assembly going from pass side valve cover to turbo inlet can be removed? How do i do it and will it cause any issues? Thank u
Oh, hell yea.

Get rid of that thing. Better yet, buy another drivers side valve cover.

While you're there, remove the intercooler, fill it 1/3 full of gas, slosh it around and and repeat a couple times.

You'll be amazed how much gunk that stupid tube put into your intercooler AND have lots of lawn mower gas!

Is using gas better than carb/brake cleaner?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Is using gas better than carb/brake cleaner?

Gas is cheaper. It takes a lot of liquid to clean an intercooler. I personally use lacquer thinner to flush the intercooler then blow dry it with a leaf blower.

Ok cool. Thanks for the quick reply and tip

Save the parts cleaner for the throttle body, up pipe, and IAC. They're going to be nasty too.

While on the subject of old nasty intercollers. Thinking of getting a new one. Is going to a front mount worth it?
Maybe. But probably not yet. If you still have that little breather tube in place then there's certainly a lot to do first.

Set a goal and share it with us.

The factory used that pipe to relieve crankcase pressure from the engine as the connection to the turbo inlet which is a low pressure area.

Removing this assembly will allow the pressure to allow oil fumes to vent elsewhere unless you provide another vent or method to catch the escaping oil vapors.

Sorta.... According to the engineering, the PCV will make the crankcase negative and the breather will allow filtered air to flow into the engine to keep it around atmospheric.

It's put there so that crankcase vapors will get burned and pass through the emissions system.

It real life, it takes oil mist and coats the inside of the turbo, intercooler, up pipe, throttle body, IAC pintle, and intake manifold with oil and crud.

One thing that's NEVER talked about is the effect on BLM's when the tube is removed.
You will see a drastic climb in idle fuel correction.

There is not much logic left in this community. Using solvent or gas to clean out the cooler is just ignorant. Hot water and dish soap or degreaser is a more logical method and much easier to get rid of.. Rinse it clean and dry it out.

The PCV only works in vacuum. The tube takes over when in boost. When you remove the tube, the case vapors will exit the valve cover breathers when in boost. This will become your new cologne. :vomit:

Last edited: