Breaking Up Under Boost !!!!

boostmaster

I have a real problem on my hands and I need you guys help. I have a problem with a 85 Gn I'm working on breaking up under load. If I let it sit and idle it runs smooth, but as soon as i try to brake spool it , the thing spits and sputters and runs like crap. I check the usual suspects with working units from my car. Coil, module and maf sensor, still same problem. The wires and plugs are new too, don't know where else to turn.

Thanks in advance, Boostmaster

I can almost bet a 6 pack that your coil pack is bad.

Mine was doing the same thing and it even ohmed out ok 13.5 accross all towers.

I went to Autozone and bought the adapter part# CB5 at $11.99 and also the coil pack for around $65.00 . This adapter allows you to use the 87 style coil pack which is smaller.

Let us know the outcome.

Do you have the original coil pack on !

no where in the post did you say "NEW COIL PACK".

I read the post.

"DUDE" - wtf

Look man, I'm just trying to give you some help. I don't mean to piss you off because it sound like you got pissed off. If you did not, then I apologize that's how it comes out on writing.

My car would idle smoothly but when the boost would come on it would spit and sputter and it turned out to be the COIL PACK.

I was just trying to help.

Sorry!!!

Didn't mean to come off rude but I did say that I checked the usual suspects with working units off my own car. Might not have said new but that point should have been well taken.

what about the plugs being in the right order ... double check.

I hope you get it fixed. Would like to know what it was. Good luck.

OK - you checked coil, module and MAF, new plugs and wires. I'm assuming the plug wires are in the right order too otherwise it wouldn't idle smoothly. A few more things to consider; Have you checked fuel delivery? Are the electrical grounds good? Is the alternator output adequate? Please let us know how it turns out.

Thought about that today so I checked voltage output under load 13.5-14.0 vlts, checked fuel pressure w/ guage static and under boost both okay. I also disconnected the rod from the elbow and discovered that it is not related to boost but load.

Even though the alternator is putting out id definatly check all the main grounds , including the one on the back of the head and the main ground to the block , good luck