Brass Proportioning Valve Leaking

FASTV6HENRY

Was out for a drive and noticed my break pedal going to the floor. checked under the car and noticed my brass Proportioning Valve was leaking from the nipple covered by the rubber gromet. Do i need a new valve or is it another issue i may have. Also i noticed none of the local parts store carry a Proportioning Valve for a GN.

Kirbans carries the brass combo valves.

Leaking from the boot means that a seal is bad, replacement is the best bet.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Most likely is leaking due to age, over time the seals harden, wear and start leaking. Same as a caliper or wheel cylinder seal.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Most likely is leaking due to age, over time the seals harden, wear and start leaking. Same as a caliper or wheel cylinder seal.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I had a new one leak from Kirban about a year ago, they said they would replace it. Before I went through the R&R I took the valve out cleaned it up with brake cleaner and put it back together with some thread sealer. Has not leaked a drop and is working fine.

Ok i finaly got the Proportioning valve installed and purchased a new Master Cylinder.( car has a vac brake setup).. The master was bench bled, however the rear brake cylinders are a bitch to bleed because they are shrouded.. The problem i am having is i keep trying to bleed the rear brakes but cant get a steady stream of fluid. Do i need to bleed the new proportioning valve?

With someone pushing the pedal for you. Make sure your reservoir cover is open you can leave it covering the reservoir but don't have it seal shut. Tell them to keep pumping the pedal until you get a good stream coming out. Keep closing the bleeder before they lift their foot. Otherwise air will be sucked right back into the lines. No you do not need to bleed the new prop valve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk