Brand New Reproduction 1987 Grand National / GNX Grilles And Headlight Bezels!

Status
Not open for further replies.
some the the men and/or people on this site act like an EX WIFE... say one word or two, and they are all over your arse... this is exactly why I avoid the keyboard gangsters... and internet members at home 24/7...

I purchased grill and bezels from TED and I took the photos and published it ONLINE here as examples while he was at the GS Nationals so members could see the EXACT GRILLS & BEZELS... ho harm or hard feelings were intended at or TED, but to all others relax, A 1987 Buick Grand National requires the nos black grill, general part... the market needed reproductions, and now there are several vendors... sometimes I ignore people and other times I want to say back off, get a life and relax, it is words behind a computer, not words in person where meaning and conversation is expressed, like hey relax I am poking fun of you smiling, do you jump down the throats of every one you meet or don't know... and tell thme how to act... leave me alone becuz of my view and observation, freedom of speech in the US...

FINAL NOTE: PAUL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME NOR THIS THREAD, SO LEAVE HIM AND KIRBAN OUT OF BAD FEELINGS, BECUZ THEIR NAME WAS BROUGHT UP BY ME AS WHAT I SAW AND KNEW FROM RICHARD CLARKS OPEN HOUSE IN OCTOBER 2008...

i am sorry if i hurt your feelings...

go back to page 1 and look at the photos from May 31, 2008 and see what I said, then come forward to today... the photos were from me... I spoke to Ted directly... and then published the protoype bezels and grills... duh

I think everyone needs to relax (gee where have I heard that on here before?!). I was just pointing out that there was an alternative source of grilles and headlight bezzels on ebay in case you didn't want to wait on the other guy. I for one would not like it if someone had my credit card on file and had to wait nearly a year for a $300 part or whatever. People want their stuff NOW! I learned this working at PTE. When we advertised new turbos and then didn't even have them in stock, people got PISSED at me and reasonably so! You never advertise crap unless you actually have the product. It just makes no sense to me. Especially nowadays where the economy is bad. People don't have a lot of "expendable" income so they want to make sure when they ARE spending it, they are not going to have regrets.

Moral of the story is.......if you don't want to wait, Paul has them already made ready to go on ebay. Nobody is hi-jacking anything.

There is a guy on ebay selling the grilles for $320 shipped. His screen name is carguyjr. He says he has them in stock ready to ship. He has pics on the site and they look identical to the original and he guarantees everything just like this guy in this thread does. Anyone buy one from him? I asked him if he makes the headlight bezzels as well. Waiting on a response.

Hey I'm actually quoting MYSELF!

He told me that the headlight bezzels are a few weeks out and that he does plan on making them as well JFYI.

just search carguyjr on ebay......he has the grilles........I got mine about 2 weeks ago and it looks IDENTICAL to the original.....it looks so good I'm putting the new one on my car and going to store the original......he sells them for $320 buy it now or has a minimum bid set at $250.....I got mine for $265. He is going to be making headlight bezels really soon.

Those might be different repro's because they are one piece but if they are the Epitome pieces then this is complete BS. They are being sold on ebay but pre-orders weren't filled???

I don't think it is a ridiculous request at this point for an update by the original poster.

Pretty sure the CC I put my order in on has expired and no way am I reordering.

The price of original Bezels has dropped anyway, I guess due to the junk economy. Kinda worked out in a weird way.

The grille I got is indeed a one-piece design but who cares? Like anyone is really going to crawl under your car to point out you don't have an original 2-piece. I actually like the one piece better to be honest. It is much more sturdy and solid. Nobody would ever notice! Sure beats waiting on a guy that hasn't even posted since September! :eek:

The grille I got is indeed a one-piece design but who cares? Like anyone is really going to crawl under your car to point out you don't have an original 2-piece. I actually like the one piece better to be honest. It is much more sturdy and solid. Nobody would ever notice! Sure beats waiting on a guy that hasn't even posted since September! :eek:

Don't get me wrong, I don't care if my grille is one piece or 10 pieces, it is getting hacked for my front mount anyway. I was just saying it isn't Epitomes pieces so it's not like he didn't honor the pre-order.

I think you made the right move grabbing the other grille, can't wait on these anymore with cruising only a few weeks away.

NOS Bezels here I come!

Has anyone contacted Epitome about this? I remember talking to Ted over the phone back in August I believe and he had a target date of September. We are well beyond that. I just wish we would have an update. Perhaps he isn't going to make them anymore due to the economy. But I am waiting for his to come out. If he isn't going to produce them anymore, I would like to go out and get a set from somewhere else.

Epitome, please take me, Matt Miller, off your list.I no longer want to make a purchase as the car was sold months ago

Dear Epitome,

I was in on the original purchase price, I forwarded you my Credit Card number to charge when they arrive. Enough time has passed that the card has expired or needed replaced because of the recent hack that caused a lot of people to get new CC's and debit cards. I will look elsewhere unless you contact me with the product in hand and offer the product at the original introductory price I got in on. Failure to do this will cause me to not only never do business with your company again, but to also encourage others to do the same. This is not a threat, it's just common courtesy to unsuspecting buyers. The overextended timeline was not an issue, the lack of communication on your end is very unprofessional.

Brent

If anyone else knows of a place making reproduction headlight bezels please let me know and I will buy a set, delete this post, and just walk away having lived and learned.

I called a few weeks ago and was told that due to the long delay no shipments will be sent without contacting the buyer first. No time on when they would be ready though.

As for aftermarket bezels, Kirban has them now and if you hurry up you might be able to get in on the intro pricing there.

Status
Not open for further replies.