Brand New Reproduction 1987 Grand National / GNX Grilles And Headlight Bezels!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just figured I'd let you guys know I talked to Ted on the phone on the 4th of this month and he said it wouldn't be for at least another 3-4 weeks, but that was 11 days ago so maybe soon. I told him about people wanting updates and he said he'd post one but maybe he forgot.:confused:

I'd like a set! Please put me down on the list or whatever...Or let me know what I gotta do if there's room left.

Also, I would like to thank ya for doing this. I held a couple of group purchases on bumper fillers back a few years ago with great success. While they weren't as dead on accurate of a reproduction as those bezels and grille in the picture look, people I sold to still thank me when I see/talk to em for providing an affordable alternative to the masses. And a few vendors still hate my guts too. Now...if you could only price em like I did those fillers
I was offering them for 151-180 for a full set of 4....shipped :eek:
It's just plastic...

Epitome, thanks for hanging tough on quality. I ordered the bezels but don't want them until they're right. IMHO you're spot-on right for being the stickler.

Epitome, thanks for hanging tough on quality. I ordered the bezels but don't want them until they're right. IMHO you're spot-on right for being the stickler.

+1, I ordered my 2 grilles and 1 set of headlight bezels back in May and will wait till next May if I have to. Only thing that worries me about waiting is the damn bank...they lowered the limit on my card to where if I were charged for this stuff right now it would have either been declined or I would have been way over my limit, and it had nothing to do with me. When I confronted them about it they cited the trouble the banks are having right now as the reason and it apparently is happening to lots of people's credit cards now. So I had to make an $800.00 credit card payment today to make room on my credit card in case these parts get billed to it :mad: even though I had plenty of room on it before this happened.:mad: :mad: :mad: Hopefully they will be ready to ship/bill soon so the bank doesn't get a chance to do this to me again. Better check your cards fellas to make sure the same thing didn't happen to you and take corrective action if it did.

I know in one of my previous posts to this thread I had indicated that Ted said these parts should be ready very soon, but I just talked to him again today, and he said it might be January or later before they're ready now. He said he's not absolutely 100% convinced that there wouldn't be a problem with the grilles cracking/breaking off just like the originals did, so he doesn't want to ship them until he knows it wouldn't be an issue. I don't mind the wait at all; my car is in storage for the winter in a place where unfortunately I can't work on it anyway. Just thought I'd let you guys know so you're not waiting at the curb every day for the delivery guy...:biggrin:

Are your Grilles and Bezels ready? I saw Kirban has repro. grilles now, just wondering if they are the same as yours.

I am gonna wait till Ted thinks they are up to par have been dealing with him for like 6 years on diecast and he is a straight forward and honest guy if they are not right he won't release them i don't care if i have to wait

My headlight bezels are original with original paint that is coming off. What is the original color I should paint them?

My headlight bezels are original with original paint that is coming off. What is the original color I should paint them?

DuPont A-5099S Satin Black Trim Paint seems to be a spot-on match. It is a high-quality paint in a spray can that goes on real nice. I used it on my headlight bezels, grille, and taillight trim. It's also good for windshield wiper arms, door handles, window moldings, and wheel well moldings if you have them (mine are all missing, removed from the car by a previous owner). Runs about $8.00 or $9.00 a can.

What happened to the first sticky about these reproductions. Just curious and glad I didn't invest anything yet.

What happened to the first sticky about these reproductions. Just curious and glad I didn't invest anything yet.

I think it's still around but probably buried pretty deep on the board somewhere since it's no longer a sticky. And as for the preorders, Ted hasn't received any money for anything yet, and since it's been so long he told me on the phone he's going to call everybody that placed an order individually to see if they still want their order filled. I'm glad I got my order in back in May to get the lower price, as it was raised shortly after that I believe.

There is a guy on ebay selling the grilles for $320 shipped. His screen name is carguyjr. He says he has them in stock ready to ship. He has pics on the site and they look identical to the original and he guarantees everything just like this guy in this thread does. Anyone buy one from him? I asked him if he makes the headlight bezzels as well. Waiting on a response.

That's the one-piece grille I was talking about that Kirban is selling. Kirban is including the reproduction grille springs as well for a total of $309.95. Kirban doesn't have the bezels yet so I doubt the guy on eBay does. Like I said in my earlier post, this grille looks good but if you're at all concerned about it being correct or running a FMIC the two-piece Epitome grille is probably the way to go. On a side note, I'm glad I ordered my new Buick emblem for $18 or whatever it was from Kirban before it got discontinued if they are going for $45 now.

CarGuyJR -s Paul Castle - Chicago - Silver Bullet Owner

Hey Turbo Buick Members

This is the factory stock black grill... buy this product, he also has the GNX actual dash... if you were at Richard Clarks open house then you met Paul...

I asked if this was him and said he should put his name so people know who he is, Kirban gets his grills from Paul and Richard Clark agrees these grills are dead on plus UV Protected...

Paul is working on bezels and black side markers, not sure where he is on the production and inventory... but stay tuned for more information...

Dennis Kirban is selling the SAME grills, REPRODUCED, not factory but exactly the same for $320... which is a GREAT BUY

Regards,
Brett Wallace

Paul is supplying Dennis Kirban with his inventory of GRILLS,

I have ordered grills and bezels from Ted, but dont want them when I can buy from Paul directly and have it shipped today... over a year and no grill, no bezels... had to use factory stock parts when I wanted to use reproduction for daily driver.

Ted has dropped the ball and states he needs to puuurrrrrfect it, when Paul Castle has perfected it and has inventory of the actual grills...

Paul is supplying Dennis Kirban with his inventory of GRILLS,

I have ordered grills and bezels from Ted, but dont want them when I can buy from Paul directly and have it shipped today... over a year and no grill, no bezels... had to use factory stock parts when I wanted to use reproduction for daily driver.

Ted has dropped the ball and states he needs to puuurrrrrfect it, when Paul Castle has perfected it and has inventory of the actual grills...

True, but I have never got nothing but top quality from Ted, no matter how long the wait. I am not saying the others aren't, but whether its the truth or not, I am confident the final product will be great. I especially like the fact that Ted's repro's give you the option to run without the bottom piece for a front mount I believe. Correct me if I am wrong. Out of curiousity, do the others from Kirban, etc. allow you to remove that piece?

Ddint know it was one piece or not but having the option for FMIC is a good idea, paul has one piece, and ted has the option for FMIC... I didn't say it was a bad part... I ordered the parts from Ted to install, but no delivery yet, so I had to use nos parts becuz the parts were not ready for shipment, the other question was in reference to who is carguyjr and that is Paul Castle... and he supplies Kirban with the grill, one piece uv protected... I prefer to use reproduction parts on a daily driver set up for race. I had no intention of having a GN for drag racing becuz it is expensive to race when parts break which is normal, going faster requires money... but also I wanted to clone my GN into a gnx, but as I hit the winter months or 2008-2009, I am thinking of cloning but using HR Parts and Stuff for rear end parts vs using expensive gnx suspension setup... we will see by end of summer 2009 where I went with mods... looking forward to GS Nationals 2009...

I'm sure Paul's/Kirban's grilles are nice pieces since I've had nothing but good luck with Kirban. And kudos to Paul for actually getting them into production...I'd go with his product if it wouldn't actually make me feel bad to back out of another commitment just because Ted is taking his time to make sure everything is right (and we all know how Ted is when it comes to the details; just look at his diecast models). My car isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination and I don't plan to run a FMIC so I wouldn't really mind the 1-piece construction. However, my car is in winter storage anyway and I can't work on it where it is so I'll just continue to wait patiently to get my grilles and bezels. At any rate, for the sake of maintaining some semblance of etiquette on the board, you or Paul should maybe start another thread to advertise his grilles rather than hijacking Ted's thread. Not trying to stir the pot or anything, just that the purpose of this thread was for Ted to promote his products. Every vendor or individual trying to sell something should have their own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.