Brakes went out....need Accumulator

GNguy

U aint that big
Probably the craziest 30 seconds of my life. The Brake light came on and I thought to myself..."the Ebrake isnt on...thats weird" then I went to stop and I said "hmm thats funny, cars not stopping.....oh ****!!!" So I think I need a new Accumulator ball as the pedal is rock hard, even tho I replaced it like 2 years ago...oh well. Anybody have an extra Acc. ball laying around? thanks

If anyone has any better ideas then going with the accumulator ball, I am open to it. Like if you have a vacuum brakes kit I can buy or maybe even hydroboost....anything let me know.....thanks

There's a guy nere here in the Lake Forest who sells accumulator balls on e-bay. They work good, but they are not OE balls.

I have one on my GN and a buddy of mine who already sold his GN also got one form this guy

No you can find them on Ebay, I just looked, they are $150....I should of bought 2 when I had the chance 2 years ago. Think I got it for like $75, GM discontinued it so its not going to be cheap!

Rather than trying to go factory NOS replacement, you would be much better off going either the Lake Forest "secret handshake and secret transmission guy" or going with the new ones that Kirban Performance sells. I do not know about the Lake Forest ones, but the Kirban Performance ones are guaranteed and are recently manufactured, something that you cannot say about going factory replacement.

The Lake Forest guy is all over E-bay so he's not really a secret...that was just for fun....
I think I paid $140 for mine...only visible difference is there is no yellow label on it and the nut is on the fitting end and not on the opposite end of the ball...but they work great

jeff if you just replaced it 2yrs ago that might not be the problem, your switch could also be bad or even the pump it self, switch the vacuum you will never have to fear your car not stopping again, it happen to me in my T but fortunate for me i was at a stop sign:cool:

Hey I just switched one of my GN’s to vacuum brakes, cause the PM was starting to Pulsate through the pedal when I was sitting at lights. Not sure if this was the Acc. Ball causing this but I’ll sell you that one if it helps?

Thanks for all the help guys. Ziggy, I was thinking the same thing, thinking it might be the PM itself but these things are a pain to figure out. The Ebrake light is permanently staying on, so im not sure what it is.
Kirbdawg, thanks man, ill let you know if I need it. Im thinking either going with Vacc. brakes or trying to find a hydroboost setup. which way would you guys go? Anyone having problems burning out with vacc brakes?

Thanks for all the help guys. Ziggy, I was thinking the same thing, thinking it might be the PM itself but these things are a pain to figure out. The Ebrake light is permanently staying on, so im not sure what it is.
Kirbdawg, thanks man, ill let you know if I need it. Im thinking either going with Vacc. brakes or trying to find a hydroboost setup. which way would you guys go? Anyone having problems burning out with vacc brakes?

im able to do nice smokey burn outs with my vacuum setup;) believe it or not you can actually hold 12lbs of boost with vacuum brakes my old t-type was able to hold 12lbs with no problems....

I would do a search on the hydroboost system before heading that way, and I would be cautious of what company you choose to do business with on the hydroboost system.

Ziggy, just what I wanted to hear. Gary, I know what your talking about, thanks, im definitely gonna do some research. Anybody around here have a Vacuum brake conversion? Most likely going this route.....

Ziggy, just what I wanted to hear. Gary, I know what your talking about, thanks, im definitely gonna do some research. Anybody around here have a Vacuum brake conversion? Most likely going this route.....

i purchased one for my buddies GN from a member here, he sent us a good used boost,master cylinder, and the brake pedal from a regular GBODY vacuum car, i would personally buy everything new and upgrade your proportion valve with a brass one, on my setup i had the following

S-10 cylinders
master cylinder with bigger bores going to the rear drums
bigger brake shoes on each side
and a new booster with a T/A vacuum block that i bought from casper, i was able to hold 12lbs boost and the braking from regular driving was not affected at all

Probably the craziest 30 seconds of my life. The Brake light came on and I thought to myself..."the Ebrake isnt on...thats weird" then I went to stop and I said "hmm thats funny, cars not stopping.....oh ****!!!" So I think I need a new Accumulator ball as the pedal is rock hard, even tho I replaced it like 2 years ago...oh well. Anybody have an extra Acc. ball laying around? thanks
It's probably the pump/motor not the ball.