Brake Fluid leaking as I pump the brake pedal

cgamino

I have had a issue with my brakes going soft. I assumed it was the powermaster and/or accumulator ball possibly the switch. I ran it thru the decompression and had my friend pump the pedal 10 times ign off. I observed the brake fluid resivour shooting fluid out the side. It appears that the rubber gasket is fitting properly, but it might not be secured tight enough. Would this be the issue not allowing pressure in the system? Has anyone ever had this issue, and a remedy? thanks in advance.

You didn't by chance overfill it did you?

When you check the fluid level on the powermaster, you're supposed to pump it down 10 times or so until it's hard, with the ignition off, then check the level underhood.

Once the motor on the powermaster starts, the fluid level will drop down to about half or so.

If you or someone else doesn't know this and then tries to top it off when the level is at half without pumping the powermaster down, then yes you will end up with fluid coming out of the reservoir at the top.

yep thanks what I did.

yep thats what I did. Thanks. I will suck some out and check it the right way. Thanks a lot......... Did this hurt anything by chance????

The lid should click in place on both sides. I think Kirban sells new reservoirs if you need one.