Bracing for a T top car

Wish I had knowed about the criss/cross. The only good, I think is I did not drill and bolt. They are welded in. Would play hell to get them out. And go with the GNX one. Have everything else that you
mention other then the front brace. Do you think the SC&C would not work? With the RJC. If not I can fab up one.
I fabbed up a brace that connects the front end and uses the front sway bar mounts.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1390609807.184955.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1390609839.969103.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1390609872.949540.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1390609905.589245.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1390609928.032304.jpg

Did all those changes make them go away?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Yes sir...
After my friend finished tigging in the seat brace...we jacked up the car behind the front driver side tire. The car had 3 wheels off the ground.
It's stiff.

Yes sir...
After my friend finished tigging in the seat brace...we jacked up the car behind the front driver side tire. The car had 3 wheels off the ground.
It's stiff.

My word, Coach you are good at what you do. I envy

Coach, you just convinced me im going w the GNX brace and the Sc&c to start. Nice fabrication skills

Yes sir...
It's stiff.
Do have picture of your brace on the car. I have never seen a brace like that one. 3 wheels off the ground jacking one side is STIFF in my book. GREAT job COACH. I am looking to reduce or eliminate rattles.

Are there any front frame braces that fit aftermarket SLICs? The passenger side kirban's brace will not fit with my PTE slic. Even with a plate to spread out the mounting points. Also are you guys saying the bolt in criss cross seat braces don't work, or that the GNX plate welded in is simply better?

Are there any front frame braces that fit aftermarket SLICs? The passenger side kirban's brace will not fit with my PTE slic. Even with a plate to spread out the mounting points. Also are you guys saying the bolt in criss cross seat braces don't work, or that the GNX plate welded in is simply better?

Go to the SC&C web site, they have a front brace that may work for you. As far as the criss-cross brace, Coach was trying to say the best of the best is the GNX rear brace, it is by far the best brace, and it needs to be welded in. I have the criss/cross, that bolts in, but I had it welded in place

Im just a little skeptical molesting such a low milage car but i bought it to drive so i guess it wont be low milage forever. Do you need to take the rear seat and tray out to weld it in? Is it the Gbody one!

Get a rear seat brace out of a junkyard from a Pontiac and weld it in. Cover the welds with seam sealer - and no one - short of a TR expert - would ever know it is not factory.

Do have picture of your brace on the car. I have never seen a brace like that one. 3 wheels off the ground jacking one side is STIFF in my book. GREAT job COACH. I am looking to reduce or eliminate rattles.
I do not have pics of the GNX seat brace being installed. If I'm in the garage tomorrow, I'll take the seat out and post up pics.

Hawk...I sold you the plate and intercooler. If the braces still hit...you have them on the wrong sides.

Coach, you just convinced me im going w the GNX brace and the Sc&c to start. Nice fabrication skills

Word

If you can't lift the body off the frame - then at least be sure you have new or known good body bushings before welding the brace
Small issue - but it makes a slight difference
Then - At the very least- jack the frame up on the 4 primary lifting points before welding it in - to get everything sort of true

Last edited by a moderator:
Word

If you can't lift the body off the frame - then at least be sure you have new or known good body bushings before welding the brace
Small issue - but it makes a slight difference
At the very least- jack the frame up on the 4 primary lifting points before welding it in - to get everything sort of true

Agree, that statement is spot on. Body/frame needs to be un- loaded

All my body bushings had been replaced. Car was level on the garage floor...same floor I built many Pro Street cars on.

I do not have pics of the GNX seat brace being installed. If I'm in the garage tomorrow, I'll take the seat out and post up pics.
A picture of the Pontiac brace welded in and you front end brace would be greatly appreciate. I bet your car corners great and tracks straight also. BTW did you add the GNX/Pontiac bushing (#5)? Lastly, Did you jack the car up on stands to add the braces?

A picture of the Pontiac brace welded in and you front end brace would be greatly appreciate. I bet your car corners great and tracks straight also. BTW did you add the GNX/Pontiac bushing (#5)? Lastly, Did you jack the car up on stands to add the braces?
I just posted that my car was leveled on the floor. I have all new bushings and yes, I added the GNX bushings over the rear axle.
It's hard to snap a pic of my front end brace, because I cannot get my car that far off the ground in my garage.