Boycotts

Little6pack

Just catching up on the News about how other countries are starting to boycott our goods.

Hell If we truly boycotted the stuff that we import we would crush them..

It disgusts me how much stuff is imported that could be made in the USA and employ our people.

It may come back to that my friend.

That is if the EPA stay's off the backs of manufacturing plants.
& Union workers don't keep raising the cost of wages which forces companies to use the excuse to leave the USA.
It is a doggy chasing it's tail situation.. I would love to see the top excutives making a lot less that what they get paid.

Unions have NOTHING to do with this! Contractors now need top qualified, safe, drug free workers to work on thier sites as per standards given. The typical SCAB contractors cannot man these jobs with qualified workers. I went through a 4 year apprenticeship, and am constantly still training and taking drug tests so I can work these jobs! Don't blame Unions, we have nothing to do with people buying foriegn products. Do yopu ever see a union sticker on a foriegn car? No, just SCABS buy foriegn SH*T.
Ray

So are you pro or con to union? You post was a little vague.

Scott

CWA 3108

Don't blame the unions?
The problem is - The Unions demand X amount of dollars per hour per employee. Typically there are 3 times the union workers on site than need to be (ever see road crews?). THEN the same Union workers who get paid the wage THEY demanded complain about how much a product costs...Where's the logic in that. the product is what PAYS you. Unions care more about the Unions than they do about the companys who employ them...Union workers don't care either, Get layed off??? Just collect unemployment.

Training? Carpenters - I've Never had one second of formal training BUT I promise I can run circles around Union carpenters in speed and quality (my father in law is a long time Union carpenter...His work SUCKS! I ask why he doesn't do a better job, his reply "Why, this is good enough"). Measure your house - how square is it? NOT - but hey, that's Union labor (at least around here).

Road crews - ever wonder why our highways suck? The companys that lay them supply NO warranty. NONE...Why should they try harder?

As for the "foriegn Sh*t"
IF and that's IF the American car makers would make a true quality product (across the board, not just the luxo barges) more people would BUY american. Do you think people simply buy foriegn for the hell of it? NO...

WE are our own worst enemy
Example....guess who invented the VCR? USA! but instead of develpoing it, it was sold out to a foriegn company for the fast buck. This happens with hundreds of products. Name ONE american made TV...Name ONE american car radio...You can't - WHY there aren't any...Quick buck, that's what it's all about... longevity? Who needs it - at least that's the attitude most corporations/Unions have (it seems).

I'm proud to be an US citizen but I'm not proud of our selfish ME ME ME ways. It's finally turning around and biting us back...jobs are leaving because corporations can't afford us...it's got to stop.

and YES, I was in a union so I know how they work...I paid in for years, had a problem with an employer and the "union" was no where to be seen...go figure.

Sorry for the rant. just my $1.50
flame suit on.

also, sorry to go off topic....

I say, who cares, close our borders and f'em all

What about import cars that are built here and the factories that provide THOUSANDS of jobs for Americans? Aren't they part of the UAW? If the workers drive imports they should have a union sticker.

You keep taking drug tests to keep OSHA and Workmans Comp. off of your employers butt. I know a lot of guys who work circles around union guys for less pay. Most work until a certain task is finished, then go home. Not drop everything at 4:30 and go home.

I'm in a union but it doesn't do much good for us because the union rep. is in our bosses pocket.

No flames intended, but I hate when people talk crap about non-union workers. Let's see union guys go pick crops in Cali. for $20 a day, if the workers even get that.:mad:

ZAm70, I could not agree with you anymore. Matter of fact I now look up to you. I used to work for the Board of Education. I was in the union. I left my job becuase of the union. The reason si the B.O.E and MTA is in shambles is becuase of the union's. My friend is a MTA cop. he has UNLIMITED sick days. You know how many cops dont go to work for weeks? They dont get in trouble for that either. They cant get fired, etc etc> I feel union's are destroying this country. They are bull****,corrupt, Mofia owned organizations that destroy american companies and jobs.
I am done
Ralph

I have no opinion on UNION workers other than Unions can help some workers & sometimes hinder a situation.

I have seen UNION workers at Raytheon that got paid big money for doing as little as possible. I had both a millwright & Janitor that would come to my computer room so he could hide from his boss or work.
It is true that some worker will spoil it for the others.

I saw a union janitor stealing money from womens purses while he was collecting trash. Because he was in the UNION the company could not get rid of this bad apple for stealing red handed when he was caught.

But as I said Company leaders will find any excuse to move jobs away from here to save money. At the same time the corprate officers line thier pockets which is not fair.

It is a touchy situation like a tug of war.

We have old mills up here that were closed back in the 40's & 50's because they moved south for cheaper labor. Now they are overseas & have left the USA totally.

Maybe this war & boycotting will bring back the jobs to USA??

Compare the compensation of the Fortune 500 top executives and then the employees (either union or non). For what they pay one exec earning 2 million they could employ 50 workers making 40k. Guess which one will get laid off and which gets stock options when the other leaves.