Bowling Gtreen TSO Results

HighPSI

Staff member
Thanks to all of our sponsors, we had 14 cars show up and race TSO this year! I really appreciate the new cars in the field. This is the largest TSO field ever :cool: The weather was a little cool and wet at first, but turned out perfect by the end of the week. We ended up with over half the field in the 8's. Congratulations to Brad Tennyson for running his first 8 second pass! I will have to get the ET's when I get home,but final qualifying ended up:

1. Dave Fiscus
2.Manny Espino
3. Tim Szabo
4. Gary Harmon
5. Don Cruz
6. Billy T
7. Rob Irle
8. Brad Tennyson
9. Jason Cramer
10. Nick Piccione
11. Paul Dubois
12. O.C. Cantrell
13. Jr Turner
14. Tom Robison

First Round Eliminations:

First Round:

Dave Fiscus ran 11.203 to defeat Tom Robison (mechanical issue)
Gary Harmon ran 8.687 to defeat Paul Dubois 10.822 (lifting)
Don Cruz ran 8.359 to defeat Nick Piccione 9.809
Jr Turner ran 11.725 (lifting) to defeat Manny Espino (mechanical issue)
Brad Tennyson ran 9.100 to defeat Rob Irle 11.095 (lifting)
Tim Szabo ran 8.447 to defeat O.C. Cantrell 10.604 (lifting)
Jason Cramer ran 13.595 (lifting) to defeat Billy T (mechanical issue)

Second Round Eliminations

Second Round had a couple of upsets:

Dave Fiscus 8.975 lifting with a Bye run
Gary Harmon ran 8.611 to defeat Don Cruz when he red lighted (-.021)
Brad Tennyson ran 9.058 to defeat Jr Turner 10.567
Jason Cramer ran 9.704 to defeat Tim Szabo 8.447

Semi Fianl and Final Rounds:

Semi Final had a couple of very close pairings:

Dave Fiscus ran 8.341 to defeat Gary Harmon 8.624
Brad Tennyson ran 9.003 to defeat Jason Cramer 9.321

The Final pitted underdog Brad Tennyson against heavy hitter Dave Fiscus

Dave ran 8.3?? to defeat Brad Tennyson 9.052

Thanks again to everyone who participated. It sure was great for the spectators to see cars having to go rounds. Your participation will make it much easier for us to get sponsors for future racers.

Congrats Dave on the win. You had some time off and got right back on the horse!!! Great job!!!

Congrats to everyone and to Dave for the win. If you didnt blow anything up, you already won a little :)

Congrats Dave!

Thanks for posting the play by play Cal, glad the turnout was good! Look forward to playing in TSO next season.

I have been posting this stuff while Holly is driving the RV :) I can dig out the mph details when we get home. I know for a fact, there was some issues with the mph clocks all week. I don't have the incrementals on Don's 180 mph pass to know if it was legit. I'll leave that up to him to say for sure. The clocks said Dave went 199.40mph on the last round of qualifying and Steve Thompson hit 179mph with his Firebird. Jason Cramer also managed a low 9 sec pass at just 2mph. Top mph will be Don's 180 if he says it's legit, otherwise I will have to see if Dave went faster than Don's 172.81 on his 8.359 pass. Low ET for the event was Dave Fiscus with several 8.3 passes with a best of 8.300

It looks like this class is finally coming alive! Brad Tennyson and Jason Cramer have shown others that a 9 flat car can go rounds. We did have 8 cars in the 8's and that didn't include OC Cantrell, Roy Garcia, Avon Thorpe, TurboCliff, Tony Gomes, Chris Lyons, Bobby Don, or any other TSO car I forgot thats already ran 8's. I am hoping for an all 8 second 16 car field next year :biggrin:

That would be bad ass, although I hope its NOT ALL 8 sec field... but rather 8sec or FASTER :)

Cramer with a low 9 at 2mph? I call sandbagging!

Good point Cliff! Although we didn't have any 7 second passes this weekend. There was at least 3 cars racing TSO this year that are capable of running in the 7's. Don and Manny are very close and Dave just kept things conservative this week. I agree, RJC was probably sandbagging with the 2mph pass. I just hope he brings his "other" car next year. I'm pretty sure it's already ran deep in the 8's ;)

On a side note: If anyone knows how to get a hold of Gene Cassidy or Rob Irle, please have them call me. We still owe them $50 for losing first round..

I had a great time as alway's. Thanks Cal for all the help and Congrat's to Dave on the win. Now it's time to tear my sled apart. :biggrin:

I had a great time as alway's. Thanks Cal for all the help and Congrat's to Dave on the win. Now it's time to tear my sled apart. :biggrin:

I know it won't take you long :) You and Cruz are long overdue to get that 7 second timeslip.

I announced this during peer tech, but really want to make everyone aware that Manny made a couple phone calls and managed to get the extra $1000 for the class. His money is where the payouts came from for the rest of the field that didn't make it to the Finals.

Just wanted to say I had a good time racing with everyone in TSO. I was not one of the heavy hitters, but I made a few more friends and accomplished my goals for the year. Thanks again.

I know it won't take you long :) You and Cruz are long overdue to get that 7 second timeslip.

I announced this during peer tech, but really want to make everyone aware that Manny made a couple phone calls and managed to get the extra $1000 for the class. His money is where the payouts came from for the rest of the field that didn't make it to the Finals.

Manny,

That was really solid, thanks for helping!

This was my first time to the GSCA nationals.I had a great time.It was great to finally put a face to the voices i was so familiar with.
A big thanks to Cal,holly,jason cramer and family,tony gomes,Billy T, Gary Harmon,richy balcom etc etc. A special shout out goes to Don Cruz for taking me to school at the tree,lol.That wont happen again.Ever!,lol! Being a "big" underdog in TSO made me feel slightly out of place.I just wish I was lucky enough to have the ladder jason had instead of getting The cruz missle in the first round.But thats just how my luck always goes.Ill be partipating more and more in the future.

On a side note,My heart goes out to Billy T.I feel for ya my fellow Buick brother.I wish the time we spent on the way home could have been under better circumstances.Im sure you will recover somehow and we will meet again.

see everyone soon,
Nick Piccione