Bowling Green: other activities?

Chad Oliver

Looking for some ideas on additional activities to do before or after the Nats. I have been to the corvette musuem :cool: . Was wondering about the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville? Or any other things to do in the area. I want to know what you guys think.

I try to catch both the Corvette Museum and the Corvette Assembly Tour. The museum rotates its collection so it will change often.

I would love to swing over to the Floyd Garrett Musclecar Museum in Sevierville, TN but it might be a haul to get there.

BTW, Nashville is only an hour south of BG on I-65. I flew in there once to attend the Nats in 1987.

Everything is a long haul coming from Phoenix. The Muscle car museum looks interesting. I want to check out Toot's this time. Are the civil war sights anygood? Anyone go check out the Cave?

I'm going to try to see Mammoth cave this year after Nats with the wife. One site said it's only 30 miles away.

Originally posted by troGNman

I would love to swing over to the Floyd Garrett Musclecar Museum in Sevierville, TN but it might be a haul to get there.

Just Do It! !!

Be sure to have a full charge on your digitial camera's batteries, and snap away. IMO, it's a must see for everyone that was around for the 60/ 70s, or appreciates what they had to offer.

Originally posted by bishir
I'm going to try to see Mammoth cave this year after Nats with the wife. One site said it's only 30 miles away.

The caves were a favorite vacation spot for my family growing up. It is an unreal experience to walk through some of these caves. Very very cool.

Originally posted by troGNman
I try to catch both the Corvette Museum and the Corvette Assembly Tour. The museum rotates its collection so it will change often.

BTW, Nashville is only an hour south of BG on I-65. I flew in there once to attend the Nats in 1987.

sevierville is about 4-4.5 hours from bg. its a very nice place and pigeon forge/sevierville has alot of car stuff there. i have been to floyds place 3 or 4 times! it changes every time! still have never seen a gn or gnx there yet.

i plan on hitting the corvette museum and the plant if i can find the time.

Floyd Garrett Museum

I have cousins that live in that part of Tenn. 2 of them have cars in the museum. Ones wife did work at the door.
Shelby GT 500 --Lime Green
67 Camaro --with vinyl roof
65 Yellow GTO convertable
All concours show cars

Other Activities include drinking beer, bench racing, and bull****ting :)