bowling green intake

gmturbo

Northern Turbo
Is anyone using the on centre bowling green intake
on a stage 2 on centre block with GN1 heads...
if so did you have to fabricate anything or modify anything.
how is this set up working??? any feedback would be greatly
appreciated...

I run one with M&A heads.It is a good intake but I did have to spend a fair amount of time reaming out the bolt holes so it would bolt up to the heads.

BG manifold

I had mine milled to fit. They also are made,[at least some of them] to fit either a on ctr or off ctr block. The ports will have a step machined into them and the step has to be removed by porting the runner to fit the block. other than that, I have no problem w/ the setup.
FWIW, The milling to fit is the correct way to do the fit up. This puts the ports in the correct alignment, etc.

I run one a S2 on-center 4.1. It's refered to as "the manifold from hell" here. Every aspect of the manifold needed work - milled .060, lots of porting, fuel rail moded, all bolt holes retapped, and plenty of misc clean-up. Otherwise, it's a good manifold.

who did all the milling and re-tapping......now you've got me
scared...Is there another manifold that is better, or is it
advisable to just port and rework the stock one?

Well, I can relate to what DarkForce said about the intake. We had to do the
same thing when putting Dads motor together. FWIW, it is a pretty decent
intake. It seems to be well suited for stage motors. If you are planning on
buying a brand new intake, I've heard that the machine work on them is much
better. Pretty much just bolt it on, so I'm told.

Nothing much to worry about. I had Kenny D. do the milling. Retapping the holes, the port work, getting the rounded 90 degree AN fittings / line, and doing the general cleanup are easy to do at home it you have alot of time, patience and some simple tools. I would not touch this manifold for anything other a staged application and even then I think a built-up ported stock manifold will take you a very long ways.

Have a look at the sheetmetal Tony DeQuick is selling. I've seen one up close and personal and it's a top quality piece.

www.chargedair.com

I have one of Tony's sheet metal intakes on my Stage 2 oncenter with M&A's looks nice and quality constructed.No runs as of yet .Anything would be better then doing a deal with BGC!

All the runners were fine.The intake had to be milled to fit which is to be expected.Anytime you deal with a stage 2 block the different deck heights will require the intake to be fitted to the block/heads.