BOV info diesel truck

Why would you need a BOV on a diesel?

With mods on truck
Turbo, downpipe, air intake, Juice-box, exhaust

After heavy acceleration when I get out of the accel pedal the truck still goes hard forward due to all the boost in the intake trac. once the engine eats the boost then the truck will start to slow down.

Why would the BOV have a different function for a diesel engine? Why do I need one? Same reason as a gas motor.

What youre feeling is probably IP shudder.Alot of Dodges do it,esp with TST boxes.

NO BOV needed on my 400+ HP Cummins or any of my friends 600-700+ trucks either.

BOV on a diesel???:confused: Why would you need one there is no Throttle body, sounds like you are having a problem with to much fuel hanging around after getting out of it, they depend solely on fuel to adjust power output!
Not the same as a gas engine! A gas engine needs a BOV to stop the air from trying to go back through the compressor housing and wrecking the turbo compressor or wearing out bearings in the turbo, when the throttle blade is closed, thus stopping compressed air charge flow! It instead lets air bleed off to the atmosphere or the air box.

,Dan

BOV on a diesel???:confused: Why would you need one there is no Throttle body, sounds like you are having a problem with to much fuel hanging around after getting out of it, they depend solely on fuel to adjust power output!
Not the same as a gas engine! A gas engine needs a BOV to stop the air from trying to go back through the compressor housing and wrecking the turbo compressor or wearing out bearings in the turbo, when the throttle blade is closed, thus stopping compressed air charge flow! It instead lets air bleed off to the atmosphere or the air box.

,Dan

So are you saying that a diesel does not need a BOV? What of protecting the turbo on this application?

No Diesels don't use BOV's, there is nothing stopping the air from flowing, the valves do not change opening distances, on the engine slowing down will cause less flow, but not enough to wreck anything, unless you go from 2500 RPM at WOT to the engine being completely stopped in a blink. Like i said it sounds like you are still injecting fuel, or have fuel sitting around when you let out of the accelerator pedal for a second, diesels can't accelerate without FUEL!

,Dan

Yea they make em but what youre experiencing is INJECTION PUMP SHUDDER.

Check it out.

Ok i stand corrected, what i should have said is that it is very un-common for them to be used. Like i said though it is a problem of fuel.

,Dan

One thing no one has mentioned is......no vacuum on a diesel:D . Unless you are going to electronically actuate it or use a independant form of actuating, it, it won't work.

One thing no one has mentioned is......no vacuum on a diesel:D . Unless you are going to electronically actuate it or use a independant form of actuating, it, it won't work.

Not only does Jose know about hot rod diesel parts,he sells em too.:wink:

Joses partner Jason has a new Dodge(04-05??)that would probably smoke alot of Buicks!!

If you need parts,give em a shout, Forced Inductions

Ok i stand corrected, what i should have said is that it is very un-common for them to be used. Like i said though it is a problem of fuel.

,Dan

Dan - please understand that I was NOT trying to show you up. I have owned many of a diesel flatbed, but never had a diesel pick up. Can't mess w/ the money maker. When It comes to doing performance upgrades to a truck I sir know nothing. I am looking for help from people that know turbos ... who better then the turbo experts turbobuick members. i do believe that just because it is made does not mean that it is needed or a good part. I think we all remember crossfire fuel injection :frown: I believe that this may be for some crazy horsepower or drag truck. i am looking for input and I do appreciate yours. I do apologize if I came off ill mannered. Just an example of what I have found on the internet.

Yea they make em but what youre experiencing is INJECTION PUMP SHUDDER.

Check it out.

Do you think this could be from the "juice box"
When the dial is set @ stock trim - no problem found
I assumed it was the extra boost

It's not the boost it is the extra fuel- diesels make no power with out fuel- having 5 psi or 105 psi makes no difference to the engine.
Joel