Bought my T back...came with something extra....

streetknight

DCVING
I bought my old T Type back and picked it up today. Drove it home 20 miles from by buddies house all excited. Parked it in the carport and went down to the shop to change the oil on the Toyota. Went back about 10 minutes later when I realized I forgot my cell phone in the car.

This was crawling out from between the hood and windshield. I hope this isn't a bad sign. It scared the hell out of me. :eek:

snake001.jpg

snake003.jpg

Copperhead? Looks like the one I killed at the stables where I ride. He bit a horse on the nose and swelled up bad. From what I understand, the older snakes don't inject full venom on larger creatures, but younger ones do. Forgot why. It took me a couple weeks to for me to find him and give him "the shovel".

That would be a good anti theft device.:) So what did you do with it???

Well that was my father holding it, he said it wasn't poisonus, so he released it in the woods about 400 yards from his house. Apparently, it got in there at my friends house and was trying to get out at mine.

I said kill it, I'm just glad it wasn't inside the car with me, I probably would've crashed.

Thank god I live in iowa. It's a constant battle just killing all the garters in my yard all summer. I think I would need a new DRYPER and shatter glass with my little girl scream. Spiders, small critters and other bugs don't bother me. I DON'T do snakes. One fear I've never been able to get past. My new job has killed my fear of heights though!

I'm just still wondering what kind it is. I've always heard if it had a pointy shaped head and slit looking eyes in was poisonous, but this one had pointy head but round eyes.

That is a copperhead and it should be dead if you're lucky. I have found several Buicks and for some reason they attract snakes. I don't get it but they do.

That is not a Copperhead, it's a Black ratsnake. It looks nothing like a Copperhead. It's harmless unless you're a rodent, bird or really scared of snakes.

Yuck! Snake! I just started to be comfortable around dogs. Snakes...NEVER!:tongue:

Once found a bat in the GS when I stored it in a neighbors heated garage in Iowa for the winter. How it got in there I'll never know.

A friend told me to come get a 69 electra sitting in the weeds in her back yard for the last 6-7 years outside Gainesville here in Florida. The thing is sunk to the frame.

I can't imagine what I'm going to find in that thing.

I just want the 430 and TH400, the rest is scrap.

Gonna pull the hood, disconnect the motor and tranny mounts, cut the y pipe with a sawsall, cut the wiring with my big Kline side cutters and yank. I am not crawling through that car to get at anything. Radiator and condenser will just have to get crushed.

Mikey

Its hard to tell from the pics, but I also think its a harmless rat or corn snake. Copperheads are usually a pale brown with reddish-brown hourglass shaped bands. Either way I'm also glad to hear that it was released and wasn't killed.

Copperhead

Here's a Copperhead. They have a "chiseled" look to their head common to most vipers. BTW that was my nickname in High School.

Copperhead_1.jpg

The head is too long and narrow. It looks like a corn snake or rat snake. I had an orange one and their teeth are like the rough part of velcro. Don't hurt at all. He lived with our red tail Boa. :)

black rat snake. I see them all the time at my parents place. They are not poisenous but can get real pissed when i try and take them out of the barn and down the the pond. haha

in the first pic look at the pattern,its a corn i should know i have more reptiles then i know what to do with them. still cheaper than mammals to feed and mantain