Boost with air regulator

burnout

What I'am trying to do is run an air regulator off the Y connector where the soliniod would orginally be. When I had my chip burnt I had they take out computer controlled boost. I have the actuator just to the point where it fits on the wastegate to keep it shut. Now here is the thing I have the regulator all the way off so I'am thinking I should have no boost but I'am getting 7psi I haven't tried cranking on the regulator so I don't even know if it's going to work. Is that the correct place to put the regulator?

Thanks, Dave

Even if you disconnect the wastegate rod entirely, you will still get some boost, because the wastegate hole is only going to let so much exh. past the turbine.

I had my regulator between the DS nipple on the WG actuator and the boost source for said vac line. Worked fine for me.

What you want is a "relief valve" or some call it grainger valve.There is a guy making them and selling them on the board,I have one and they work as advertised,maybe better.Spoolup is greatly enhanced.Here Boost control

Thanks for the replies. Turbobuicksix I read all those post and understand how to hook mine up know thanks.

Burnout