Boost question

TURBOZ

When theres a small leak in the intercoolering system, does the boost pressure always drop?

All else being equal, you would not be able to achieve the same boost level with a leak in the intercooler than you can without the leak. Since the wastegate is activated based on boost, you should really see a drop off when the turbo can no longer compensate for the leak.

Fix the leak.

??

My problem is im running 10psi, my wastegate is still open I can hear it its vented to atmosphere, and boost falls off. Would one not think that the wastegate would close to compansate for loss in boost? Im running an external racegate by turbonetics. My boost controller is the adjustable bleed off valve. Im getting the leak fixed either way, but the question about the wastegate compansating still remains.:confused:

Maybe you got another problem with the boost control. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the racegate. I'd say that if the wastegate opens at 10 lbs, then the boost bleeder is closed, assuming that the racegate is loaded to 10 lbs. What happens if you crank the bleeder open?

I still have a pin hole leak, but that should not matter. The T76 should push 20+psi even if there is a small leak. Basically what happens, I adjust for desired boost. Pressure is meet, then boost starts falling as the rpm goes up after the pressure is meet. I have tried returning the controller, but the new one did the same thing.

If I get an electronic boost controller will the solenoid close the wastegate if boost starts falling off? I know in the long run a leak will cause max boost from being achieved or hold max boost, but I will never run the turbo hard enough to make max boost.

cant anyone answer my question? Im sure someone has run into this problem before.