boost problems

nolan

9 sec street car
My buddy's car takes for ever to build boost,and only reaches 10 lbs.any help would be greatly appreciated.
How can you check boost solenoid?

20-1 says its an exhaust leak pre turbo. Usually headers are cracked or leaking from header to turbo connection. As for only 10 lbs if its all stock it could still be a leak pre turbo.

I just purchased gn about 2 months ago and still learning about car. My car has several exhaust leaks at the headers on both sides of engine. It sounds terrible like a beater when engine heats up. I can feel heat from exhaust when i accelerate hard at my legs. I have driven gn's in the past that build boost quicker than mine. When mine does spool up it pulls hard to 10lbs and then the needle flutters from 11-20 lbs. Have tried adjusting actuator arm and boost will not increase. This sounds like the same thing. I am looking for a shop on nw side to weld leaks to see if this fixes the problem. Also, getting power logger to make engine is running right.

boost problem

the car was running crappy,i did a major tune up and installed an adj. waste gate,but it does have an exhaust leak on the passenger header