boost problem

dragway

Was at the track yesterday was running boost at 20 then next run turned it up to 23 and made a run ok then next run took off fine then looked a boost it was only reading 15 let off check hoses after run fine adjusted actuator to max still only 15-16 lbs of boost have no idea.

Could be the waste gate is not sealing might be bound up. Disconnect and see if it moves freely.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I hope you don't experience what happened to me.

I was running 20 lbs. and tried turning it up and it stayed at 20 lbs.. I checked everything just like you did and within two weeks my turbo locked up tight.

I change my oil every 1,500/2,000 miles and only surmise that when I had an oil filter come apart internally a couple months ago that something must have gotten in there and slowly wiped out the bearing.

Needless to say I'm looking at a new turbo as it's not worth rebuilding my current one.

Check your intercooler pipes. Happened to me this weekend. The clamp slid off a hair.

Found problem vacuum line that goes to cruise control blew off . I disconnected it totally and plugged end . Nice easy fix just what I needed .

How would a vacuum line coming off cause that?

I don't know but when I drove it around the block before I found it i was only getting #15 and after I capped it it was #20-22 . It's ok now.