boost issue

Dave

When I roll into it or wot the boost stops @ 5psi .........yes, stops for a split second then it screams to the set level....... At idle I occasionally hear a very high pitched squeal from below the coil pack area....I am assuming a vacume leak and the boost stops @ 5 psi until it overcomes the leak if is indeed a vacume leak.
I cannot find it, tried brake clean , carb clean ect ect sprayed it everwhere. I figure it's small because of the high pitched sound it makes
On the scanmaster the maf is @ around 170 then when the boost goes up( past 5 psi) it is @ 255. I am not sure if the maf is responding slow or I cannot see it on the scanmaster (version2.1) because the update rate is so slow.

any ideas?

CAS FRONT MOUNT,6776 DUAL BB, 60LB INJ, P/P HEADS, stock cam, STOCK MAF, PERCISSION 3200 LU, HOUSTON 3 IN DP W/ INTERNAL GATE, PORTED T-BODY & DOG HOUSE, RJC PP, WALBRO 340, ACCUFAB FUEL REG, BOOST COMMAND FROM FULL THROTTLE.

I found the vacume leak , I disconnected the EGR vacume hoses to the solenoid, "t" and check valve. bypassed the egr and ran a hose from the vacume source by the fuel regulator to the other check valve on the firewall by the rear of the drivers valve cover for the cruise, vacume canister and climate control unit. I will leave it this way since the EGR is disabled in the chip.

I still have the boost problem........is typical of a 6776 dual bb?

How's your....

transmission doing?:eek: Had a simular problem w/mine and it turned out to be 1/2" of clutch lining in the bottom of the trans pan!:eek: :frown: :mad:

Interesting you mention this, The trans is starting to act different than when it was built

What was your trans doing?

under normal driving...

you could not notice anything different, only when you kicked it into boost, the nose of the gn would jump up then drop, as tho you let your foot off the gas pedal. A second later it would take off.:confused: That's when I decided to look a little deeper. Dropped the trans pan and found the clutch material!:mad: It was so thick in the bottom, I scraped it out w/a tape knife.:eek:

Sorry ...

to hear that.:frown: But be hopefull, maybe it will turn out to be something cheap!:biggrin: