Boost controlling question

bored member

Board Member
Ok I tried to search for this but could not find a definitive answer for me. What exactly is needed to set the boost the way you want it?

Do you need to adjust the wastegate rod or will having a boost controller only (I bought the QBoost controller) do the job?

Maybe its that my boost controller doesnt work. I have set it every which way and I get about the same amount of boost. I figured one extreme way it would get almost no boost, but this has not happened.

Can someone please set me straight?

I have an aftermarket boost gauge.

Thanks.

I'm assuming the Qboost controller is a relief valve. Are you sure it's hooked up right? Give us some detail of how it's hooked up, and the type and adjustment of the actuator.

I eventually got tired of the stock actuator solenoid with chips and all the hokey air regulators and bleed valves. I finally broke down and got a Greddy Profec B Spec II boost controller. Set it and forget it. Has two boost modes that you can flip at the touch of a button. Ya ya, I know "You can spend your money elsewhere for performance blah blah". There's only so much dorking around with band aids one can tolerate. This is a true set it and its done system.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/GRE15500209

You can find them for about $270 from a reputable seller on Ebay.