Boost controller question

TheHitman!

I am planning on installing a manual boost controller on my car. If I do will I need to still use the y setup or just go from the turbo to the controller to the wastegate? My wastegate solenoid is not working and I am not going to pay 300 for one.

Use the rjc boost conroler, delete the Y/leave the sensor pluged on the passenger valve cover so it doesn't throw a code on the scanmaster. On the boost controler there's one vaccum line on each side. one goe's to the compressor on the turbo and the other vacuum line on the control goe's on the wastegate aculator. Tie strap them or put a clamp. Set the wastegate aculator 1/8" of a inch pull to put it on the wastegate arm on the downpipe. When u start to set boost with new boost controler, start with the screw all the way out on the boost controler, maybe one or two threads in, just to hold it/should be the lowerest boost/turn up slowly(clockwise). It's a good upgrade, increases spool on the turbo. The aculator new is like $200 easy/ sometimes it has to be replaced. Try the boost controler first, it's almost like u don't need the aculator when u use the boost controler.

Last edited: