Boost controller information

BARRACUDA1968

I bought a Hallman Pro boost controller and had a chance to use it yesterday.

I have the waste gate set at about 1/8 pull and have the boost set at 21 psi.

If I roll in to it in 3rd gear I get 21 psi and if I stab it in a lower gear it spikes to 24 ish. Not sure if it would hang it at 24 psi long term because I got out of it.

Should I install the heavier spring the controller came with? I'm assuming my turbo is overpowering the lighter spring?

The directions didn't really say what to do with the waste gate setting like the RJC controller did.

Hi,

Assuming the BC is set up properly...Connect vac line straight to the compressor from wastegate to verify cracking pressure. Then back the boost controller all the way out and work the way up.

It's hooked up correctly and worked my way up to 21 psi.

I decided to go back to my old actuator I ran last year and see what happens. This new one may not be the ticket.

I'm using HD actuator. Put on my other one and its steady now. Hits pretty hard. Well see what my logs look like.

I had no problem using it on my HD actuator and te60 turbo. I thought it was better that the rjc for sure and was a hell of a lot easier to adjust, rather than cutting off the zip ties, adjusting the hot rjc controller, putting the hose back on and zip tie again.