Boost controller help

RED LS1

Hi, guys. I'm in a weird place right now trying to get my boost controller figured out. I've already over boosted the car to the tune of 15* KR a few times so I threw the flag and came for help.

It's a Turbonetics manual controller. It has an in and out port and a relief valve on the rear side of it. I hooked the compressor into the inlet and the actuator to the outlet. With the knob adjusted in it obviously over boosts. I tried it in a few different places but it seems to over boost anywhere I adjust the knob to. At one point I had it all the way out and it stopped at 10psi but 1 click in made it go back to overboosting. I think there may be a way to T the lines or something to settle this thing down but i'm not sure. I'm looking for 15-18 psi. At this point i'd be happy to go back to the factory 13. The car has a stock turbo and stock, non adjustable actuator.

I attached a pdf that shows how to hook up a manual boost controller. Its setup the same way as a turbonetics boost controller.
Page 7 shows how it is setup.
Their is a t installed .Hope this helps.

Attachments

• PW39 wastegate instructions 2210.pdf
    634.9 KB · Views: 121
I'm not sure that it does help because they're showing an aftermarket Wastegate with 2 ports which is different than my stock wastegate and actuator with one vacuum port.

Mine is something like this right now .

image-jpg.241881

I would agree the first setup doesnt allow the pressure to release anywhere ,which is the idea.
Let pressure off to make more boost before it pushes the diaphram/ vice versa

Before any of that I would hook up a line from the compressor to the bottom of the wastegate . That will allow you to see the bare minimum psi your setup will run . From there u might find you have a stiff spring in there which u might have to swap it for a lighter one . Then hook it up tuner style with the compressor line going to the in side of the BC then the other side to the bottom of the wastegate . Leaving the top open to atmosphere . That will be the way to control the boost down to the lowest controllable boost .