Boost Control ??

PimpinAintEz347

turbo member
Last weekend I was running 25 lbs of boost, and now since I changed out my spark plugs and my fuel filter with my dad, I am only running 15 lbs which is stock!! OUCH!! I need to get it back up to 25 lbs but I dont know how! In my console I have the knob thingy you can turn which I think might have something to do with the boost control, but does anyone have this or even know what I am talking about?!?! I hope so.. thanx guys!

I got something like that. Mine, you pick the knob up and turn it once for 1 pound of boost.

Ohhhhhh Boy, you need to do some reading!

www.gnttype.org

Watch out or you will be picking up the pieces later! That knobby thing is most definetly your boost control. Are you kidding???

Originally posted by PimpinAintEz347
Last weekend I was running 25 lbs of boost, and now since I changed out my spark plugs and my fuel filter with my dad, I am only running 15 lbs which is stock!! OUCH!! I need to get it back up to 25 lbs but I dont know how! In my console I have the knob thingy you can turn which I think might have something to do with the boost control, but does anyone have this or even know what I am talking about?!?! I hope so.. thanx guys!

25# of boost :eek: I hope you were on racing gas!!!! or you'll be picking up bottem end motor parts and head gaskets in short order.

YOu need to learn what everything is in that car and what it does BEFORE you start cranking on things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is the same pimpinaintEZ that has the 600HP 25 psi GN needing traction???? (drag racing tech)

come on kid, you need to do some more research about these cars....whether you really do have 600hp or not, you dont seem to know much about these cars.....if i remember that thread correct your dad has one of these cars as well?

dan

haha yeah

Ya I know I need to learn more. I was just trying to get another opinion... my Dad is working on it and he thinks that there is something wrong with the electronics... (computer, ignition, ect.)

I would switch to the Innovative Boost Control, that way you never have to worry about boost again. It's all adjustable from your seat and it's dead on no matter what the weather is. Call Cotton's for more info.

Jacob

Running 25 psi, you need race gas, or alchy injection. (properly tuned) No way you were running 25 psi without either one. You must either be a poser, or someone that is about to lose your engine. Keep the boost down to 15 psi, until you learn much more..

ok cool I heard about that switch over, my Dad is looking into it. Also, of course I am using H2O Alcohol injection! Dang I'm not that dumb! And I'm not a poser, dont worry my Dad just bought one of those digital video cameras so I will try to have a pic of my car up on here for EVERYONE to see that I'm not full of S***. But yes, I do need to learn more about the beast, and that is why I come here for help, not to start some sorta flame war! See ya

Alrighty then! Why didn't you SAY you were running alchy? :)

My alchy system didn't like hot plugs. Went from ac 45's to 43's at a tight .032, and could use 5 psi more boost.

I plugged my Catylic convertet this summer. Took a couple weeks to figure ouyt what was wrong. I went from 20 psi (at the time) to 6 psi. A hammer and pipe fix there...;)

Thats tite I got a 3 in down pipe on there right now thats working pretty nice there for me... I just need to fix that problem. The thing is, when I go to punch it, the waste gate is making a sputtering noise which is leading me to think theres something eletricaly wrong. So.. have you heard of anything like that from a waste gate ?