G

Greg L

I just bought my 87 GN with a build up as follows:

TE-60
CAS V4
40 inj
Stock D5 converter
TH 3" Downpipe and off road pipe with dual 3" exhaust

Under the dash, it has an air compressor type valve to bleed off boost. The factory boost solenoid does not have vacuum hose hooked to it. The 2 main y-hoses at the turbo are connected to one side of the reguator and there is a 1 foot piece of hose attached to the other fitting on the regulator (I guess that would be the bleed off side).

Does this type of boost controller effect spool up? That seems like a long way to run vacuum tubing and I suspect it can delay the signal.

Boost starts out at 15psi and spikes at the top of each gear to 18 psi. Do you think this boost controller is not letting enough air bleed off?

What are your opinions of the Ramchargers electronic controller?

Thanks for the help.

I have the MM BstCommander controller. It works really well, uses tps voltage as an indication to spool the turbo. I had boost creep problems after my THDP and this solved it. I probably needed to enlarge the wg hole but didn't. My stock turbo spools extremely quick, but your 60 may react differently. The unit will spool to a selected setting without any boost creep. It has other features as well.