Bolt Ons???

What part is not a bolt on???? You can swap engines, swap transmissions, upgrade turbo, upgrade brakes..... All of those bolt on. Just about anything you do to the car can be undone except things like cage and tubing rear wheel wells. As long as you save the original parts it can be returned to stock.

HAHA the begining of this comment made me laugh

Now you guys just have me utterly confused lol Makes me wanna sell the car and buy a cheaper one that I can mod the hell out of.. Ill try and post some pics by this weekend

You can keep it "stock appearing" and still have fun with the car! TT chip, wheels and tires, fuel pump and hot wire will make it WAY more fun to drive. You ARE gonna drive it, right? Just save all the original parts. I bought an old inlet elbow to drill for the Alky and still have every original part I took off the car. Have fun!

GN2 (1).jpgGN2 (2).jpgGN3.jpgGN4.jpgGN5.jpg

Nice car Rich! I would do very little to that. Chip,Fuel pump,injectors,Hotwire would be what I'd recommend.

I say try to sell it put it on ebay and see what you can get with a high reserve. If it doesn't sell mod it have fun no one wants yard ornaments now if you want to keep it for say another 20 years and not touch it all fine but if your going to drive it might as well count your blessing on a low miles car and mod on. Listen to this were all out having fun. You tell a buddy hey I got an 8400 mile brand national. Ok no w listen to this I have a 9/10 second grand national which one do you think the average car guy would want to see.

my vote...tt chip,adj fuel reg,and some slicks...good for about high 12's i would think...may be wrong

GN's aren't ever going to ever appreciate in value until all of the people with super low mileage cars pull them out of cold storage and drive them like $18,000 cars were meant to be driven.

I realize that sounds counter intuitive to a lot of people, but its the truth.

If every time a 10k mile car sells for $25K, 10 more 10K mile cars come out of the woodwork, GN's are never going to worth more than clearly inferior cars.

Keep it looking stock, but mod it so it runs at least low 12's at the track. This isn't that hard to do.

This Airfilter Box has gone 11:53 @ 118:

airfilter2.jpg

And a ported stock ebow and a stock appearing downpipe will go 11.60's without much effort if your exhaust is good.

235/60 tires work great on the stock wheels, and 255/60's MT DR's will make low 12's easier...

Or you can keep it stock and get embarassed by kids in Hondas at stop lights.

GN's aren't ever going to ever appreciate in value until all of the people with super low mileage cars pull them out of cold storage and drive them like $18,000 cars were meant to be driven.

I realize that sounds counter intuitive to a lot of people, but its the truth.

If every time a 10k mile car sells for $25K, 10 more 10K mile cars come out of the woodwork, GN's are never going to worth more than clearly inferior cars.

Not sure what you mean?

What I'm saying what is the purpose of leaving a GN completely stock?

So you can sit around a parking lot on a perfectly good saturday with a dust rag and brag how your car ran 13.9 in a magazine 25+ years ago (your car will barely crack 14's however, because its summer), when you can go to any Ford Dealer today and for $21K buy a V6 2011 Mustang with a warranty that will run the same 13.9 but be faster than 124 mph and handle and stop way better.

There are still a lot of super low mileage GN's out there. Literally thousands were bought to be stored. One with 7,700 miles was on Ebay for $19K last month. There are guys on this board with less than 1,000 mile cars. GN's aren't Ferrari's. They were $18K mass produced modern muscle cars and they are meant to be driven, not stuck in garage under a car cover, waiting until some rich guy feels he has to have one.

Drive it, enjoy it, beat the crap out of it. If it becomes a "must have" by other people, then it's a bonus. The possibility of it becoming a "must have" in the future, so you have to keep it in "slower than V6 Honda Accord Trim" is dumb.

I come from a background of restoring muscle cars since I was a kid in the 1970's and used to be a "car show guy" that went to 3 shows a weekend and would pick shows based on trophy size. Then I discovered the joys of racing and realized going fast was much more fun than sitting around getting sun burned. In my racing, I also discovered that you can keep a TR pretty stock appearing and still run like a TR should run... so if someone wanted to have a car that looked "car show stock" they could and still have it run low 12's at the track.

The Bottom line is stock GN's aren't fast in 2011. Slightly modified, but still stock appearing, they can kick the crap out of anything in the 1/4 mile less the $40K. I know which one I'd rather have.

But a 2011 V6 Mustang is just that and there's going to be thousands of high school girls that get them for graduation this year.. I don't think anyone is buying a low mile super clean GN with any other purpose other than they just WANT the car. I don't think he can do wrong either way. Keep it stock or mod it to his likes. I love them all :D Hell, my 87 GN is being built to 25.3 spec. But I personally wouldn't want to do that with a sub 10k mile GN.

It doesn't make sense to turn a 10K mile stock car into a race car, because you can buy better race car for what it would cost to convert + the cost of a low mile GN.

That just plain wouldn't be smart... and it would be smarter to buy a race car.

If you want a stock appearing car, that is fast, and blows minds, its better to start with a low mileage, stock car.

In today's market, it also cheaper to do it this way, than buying a high mileage car and trying to "restore" it.

It doesn't make sense to turn a 10K mile stock car into a race car, because you can buy better race car for what it would cost to convert + the cost of a low mile GN.

That just plain wouldn't be smart... and it would be smarter to buy a race car.

If you want a stock appearing car, that is fast, and blows minds, its better to start with a low mileage, stock car.

In today's market, it also cheaper to do it this way, than buying a high mileage car and trying to "restore" it.

I agree.

I'd rather start with a low mileage car free from multiple hands creating wiring and mechanical disasters.. That way all your doing is improving power and not dealing with body, interior, and suspension work. And cleaning up of other's shoddy work. One thing I hate is the little stuff like weather strips, falling apart doors/interiors, wiring hack jobs, etc..

Mark all the parts, put them in bags.. store them away.. in the futur it can go back to 100% stock. Anything you must drill a hole to do, get a replacement for the day it goes back to stock.

Funny how stock parts are worth more than their aftermarket replacements in a lot of cases. Do not throw anything away. And have fun with the car. In the end its just a "car" and not a legacy handed down through the generations.

You got that right, Razor. Even my 25K mile GN has stuff done to it that makes me slap my forehead and mumble "what were they thinking?"

I'm not advocating stupid ****, like cutting a hole in the inner fender for a dump for the stock turbo, which I have seen Clueless Idiots do even as recently as this century, but tasteful mods are what makes a GN a GN. It's what the Mystique is built on.

13.9 @ 96 in the 1/4 mile, on a good day, isn't going to indimidate anyone.

Here is one of "those" from a few weeks ago on a low mile/non-molested/never raced car :D

Attachments

• jerseydump.JPG
    jerseydump.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 104
Hell... Just flip a coin. Heads, keep it stock... Tails, tasteful mods, or vice a versa. LOL.

How well do your brakes work with the Power-Master? You may be making that your first mod.

~JM~

My injectors and chip came yesterday . I got it all down just waiting to put it together . i waited for five years now i cant wait to see how it will run . I could not find a 160 thermostat picking one up from the many helpful people on this board . My second car is a hot rod . I am getting old and i like to ride in the GN and beat up my TA. If you drive you car things will start to fail . My fuel pump started to stumble did the upgrade . I will say again before you by one part drive it and see what comes up . A 8 k car spent very little time running at temp . People are going to mess with while driving your car . Dont let some honda or subaru kick your but before you go fast .