Body Mount Question?

1turbo6

I started replacing all my body mounts (2-7) and found that on #2 and #6 the hole that the mount sits on is rotted open #2 pass side was poking through a little. and #6 is kinda bad. I'm gonna get a few washers from G body # 6 is not to bad to get to weld but #2 is gonna be a major B**ch. is there an easy to fix this? dont really wanna lift the body to high. can I get away with 2 washers 1 top 1 bottom to sandwich the frame.
any other ideas? pull fenderwell?

essentially the guy cleaned out the hole, welded in a washer and then used a hole saw to cut the hole back to the original size.

I would think #2 would be accessible if you took off the front clip. You can easily see it from the front

I definately dont wanna pull the clip off. I guess I'll pull the bolts out of the core support and see if the body will go up more . any Idea how high I can lift the body without unhooking things. I think I might try to slip in a washer and weld it through the hole in the bottom.

I am going to use a knockout like you did and make the washers. I think the I.D. is 1.5 right ? I think I am gonna try to pull the wheelwell loose and see if I can get in there. great pics looks just like my problem.

Here is the first post the guy did that has added information. It includes the note that the hole is 1 1/4."

I read that last thread a little more closely and it says that the greenline punch used by the guy who did it was for a 1 1/4" ID, 1 1/2" OD pipe entry into an electrical box. Later on another guy said he used a washer that had a 1 1/2" hole already in the washer--saved buying a punch. In your case it might help avoid working in tight spaces.

So I guess these holes were 1 1/2" according to the post. You were correct.

I have not done this yet myself. I am pulling the body in about a month--so this is probably what I have to look forward to. That is why I have been studying this topic so much.

I am guessing that the only reason it is #2 +6 is they are the only ones that had the bottoms. 3,4,&7 lowers were new and some bonehead stuck washers inside the bottoms before tightening them down. they were probably doing very little to stiffen the body. I removed the core support bolts and loosened the bumper enough to hang down, I jacked the car up and it seems I should be able to get in there with a mig. I'll try to get a few pics today.