Body mount bushings

Good point there. I ended up pulling my bumpers when I saw there was going to be an issue.

I installed the 6 bushing kit from Kirban but really need to replace all of them. #2-4 uppers busings are squished and cracked on my T. My issue is we only have 2 choices: Rubber or hard poly. I posted a request for soft poly bushings so you get all of the advantages of poly without the harsh(er) ride or more vibration. With poly being as cheap as it is there's really no reason I'd even consider rubber if it wasn't for the fact that poly bushings seem to be only available in hard durometer material. Make some poly bushings with a lower durometer rating and the choice on which to buy would be a no brainer.

One thing you should know...adding the missing bushings will firm up your ride....if you like to take long trips it can be very annoying. When I came home from a recent 12 hour trip (6 hours each way) I found that the metal hangers that were welded onto my tail pipes had broken. Not sure if the firm ride caused it or not, since they are welded to the frame, but you may not be too impressed after you complete this job. And I have all rubber bushings. GM left out the "missing" bushings for a reason.

I installed the Energy Suspension 3-4141G kit today and I have to say I'm impressed. I was expecting a harsh ride, but I wouldn't describe the ride as harsh at all. It feels solid and tight now and I love it. It feels/drives like a more modern car now. The Energy Suspension rep I spoke to suggested that I put a thin smear of anti seize on any metal to metal and metal to poly surfaces to prevent noise(I thought I should pass this info along). I did that and put some anti seize on the bolt threads as well. I torqued #2-7 to ~43'lbs and #1 to ~22'lbs to account for 'wet' torque due to the anti seize(80-85% of dry torque ratings of 52 and 27'lbs). I know I'll have to re-torque everything after the car settles. I want to thank everyone here for the wealth of information that helped me to do this in my garage.

I really like the feel I get from my aluminum body bushings. The only thing I don't like is that they do not provide the core support bushings for some reason. Anyone else done this and figured out a solution other than using large washers to space up the core support bushings?