Body bushing question?

HI All,

Sorry to dig up this old thread but I'm redoing my bushings, and will be using the kit from Mike's Montes which to me looks like the energy suspension kit sold at summit, etc...I have a question regarding the placement of the bushings, as there are three styles:
1. small diameter hole (10)
2. Large diameter hole (2)
3. Other (assume these are the number five location as they don't have a lower bushing cup)
1666198937816.png

Can someone help confirm if I'm correct on the location of each of these:
#1 (Radiator Support) = Large Diameter
#2, 3, 4, 6, 7 = Small Diameter
#5 = Other

Also, for the large diameter, the sleeve diameter is much wider than any of the bolts/washers that came with the kit...any idea why that is. I just want to make sure I have a good plan for this thing before I start removing the bolts (most of them came loose w/o much issue which was a pleasant surprise).

Thanks,
Jason

I thought the same thing , half these bolts don't have bottom bushings. you will have a top and bottom bushing at every location, plus a bushing (other) stuffed in a hole close to shock mount. no bolt. question did the kit not come with instructions?
Stock the body sits on top of the frame with a nice soft ride. be prepared you are about to attach then as one.
So yes the big is radiator support the hardest to install
one is upside down I think can't remember
the big sleeve im not remembering it either
The pic you posted is a PST kit that I used it came with a good set of instructions
its not a bad job and on the garage floor its not fun but doable

# 2,4,6,7 are the same, # 3 has the large 1" O.D sleeve and #4131 and 4132 bushing , # 1 is the same as 2,4,6,7 except it is flipped upside down.
Just did my bushings 2 days ago with the Poly ones that most people say gives a very harsh ride but the ONLY difference i can tell is it handles better in curves.

My question is not the ride, the material I get is different I understand the different. Poly vs rubber. Kirban set is 250 and the shipping he charges is almost a arm and a leg. Summit is 159 plus free shipping.
So my question does Kirban come with some extra bushings the summit doesn’t ?

# 2,4,6,7 are the same, # 3 has the large 1" O.D sleeve and #4131 and 4132 bushing , # 1 is the same as 2,4,6,7 except it is flipped upside down.
Just did my bushings 2 days ago with the Poly ones that most people say gives a very harsh ride but the ONLY difference i can tell is it handles better in curves.
Thanks for the info! Why is the #3 bigger.? Also there was not a washer with a matching ID hole, will that be a problem? worst case I just drill it out to be a bit bigger. Which location uses the shorter bolts?

Thanks,
Jason

No idea why # 3 has bigger ID sleeves but you should have 12 2-1/2" washers, 10 have 7/16" ID and 2 have 3/4" ID holes, i don't remember where the short bolts go..

well...chalk this up as another body bushing replacement horror story...1 bolt broke off, 4 just spun as the z nut just spun in the rotted out cage nut...have spent the past few nights cutting access holes in the body, and of course the mounts holding the bolts are pretty pitted/rusted... the two bolts in the truck next to the wheel wells were so bad that they were not even sitting on the body mounts any more...time to break out the welder...

well...chalk this up as another body bushing replacement horror story...1 bolt broke off, 4 just spun as the z nut just spun in the rotted out cage nut...have spent the past few nights cutting access holes in the body, and of course the mounts holding the bolts are pretty pitted/rusted... the two bolts in the truck next to the wheel wells were so bad that they were not even sitting on the body mounts any more...time to break out the welder...
Wow good luck!!

I ordered a bunch of the washers from Gbody to shore up the mounting holes on the frame. On their site it says you can just "slip them in" or weld them in place. Naturally I'm sure it depends on how egged out the whole is, but has anyone got away with just slipping them as opposed to welding?

If you are hell bent on a bone-stock concourse accurate car, the Kirban set is what you want.

Everybody else should get the polyurethane sets. Doesn't matter which one, they're all nearly exactly the same.
Unless you are already running HR Parts n Stuff Poly Engine & Transmission mounts .
The poly body bushings will introduce too much vibration to the car & dash will vibrate.
In this case stay with the rubber body bushing kit from Kirban or Old Buick Parts.

Unless you are already running HR Parts n Stuff Poly Engine & Transmission mounts .
The poly body bushings will introduce too much vibration to the car & dash will vibrate.
In this case stay with the rubber body bushing kit from Kirban or Old Buick Parts.
Old Buick Parts is where I got my stock replacement body bushings from.
Strange, but they all had the GM part numbers embossed in the rubber bushing body

Attachments

• BBE32341-E469-4EE1-81D9-CF6D81425B6E.png
    BBE32341-E469-4EE1-81D9-CF6D81425B6E.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 62
Radiator Core Support Body Bushing Kit sold separately

Attachments

• 72A57745-1B5E-4804-A9F3-62ED7F8E1BCD.png
    72A57745-1B5E-4804-A9F3-62ED7F8E1BCD.png
    501.2 KB · Views: 61