Bobby Unser TTA festival car

Is it just me, or has anyone else seen lots of cars owned by Bobby Unser?
Did he buy more than one?
Just wondering.
BTW, what is the number on the back of that pewter key fob?

George :cool:

mr.turbota said:
Is it just me, or has anyone else seen lots of cars owned by Bobby Unser?
Did he buy more than one?
Just wondering.
BTW, what is the number on the back of that pewter key fob?

George,
This car was assigned to Bobby Unser, rather than owned. But you are right it seems like alot of TTA's associated with him are comming up for sale. I do remember this car on eBay a few years ago. According to the eBay sales list for TTA's, this car did not hit its reserve on August 12, 2003.

The auction history can be found here: TTA Sales History

- Dave

Geroge, the leather key fob has #98 on it B.U. initials and part of the VIN

Dave, correct the car was Bobby's festival vehicle NOT the pace car. I believe that he got one new at the dealership in NM.

prototype said:
Dave, correct the car was Bobby's festival vehicle NOT the pace car. I believe that he got one new at the dealership in NM.

Prototype,
I will be interested in seeing what your car will sell for if you decide to sell it. I have a Festival Car (#130) that has 5300 miles on it. It does not have the interesting history your has, but is still a low mileage festival car. Mine was assigned to Bob Tezak who invented the UNO card game. Bob was a former Will County, Illinois prosecutor and owned Arye Luyendyk's car.

- Dave

Hi Prototype,
I was asking about the pewter ket fob, not the brown/tan leather keyfob.
When you flip the pewter part over, away from the grey leather, there should be a number stamped on it.
I have never seen any with vins on them.
I have a couple of them, and I wonder who should have gotten these cars.
I also seem to remember that Bobby Unser owned more than one of these cars.
I also know that during the Indy parade, James Garner was sitting on the opened T-Top of one. Does anyone know if he got a car to drive around in?